1987 Dawes Cougar - Reynolds 531 ride report

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Too dark and wet for anymore and might not reveal until Saturday's Peaks...

Attachments

• damp teaser.jpg
    damp teaser.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,746
Re: moist teaser

Thought it looked familiar, quick check of my ebay watch list and I know what it is!

I won't spoil the surprise, I know you've been after one for a while, see you on Saturday :D .

weeman_mtb":1iojvnhu said:
Thought it looked familiar, quick check of my ebay watch list and I know what it is!

I won't spoil the surprise, I know you've been after one for a while, see you on Saturday :D .

damn cheap is what it was.

another wet t-shirt shot - as in the other thread, I've never seen these before with the hub like centre ldecal

file.php

legrandefromage":2wdpbfko said:
damn cheap is what it was.

Yep, one bidder, all original apart from the tyres?

What's the original spec tyres for this? I may be able to help if you want to get it back to full original spec as I stripped another model of similar vintage (scrap frame).

If it is what I think it is the original tyre were panaracer ibex and I haven't seen any, not that I looked very hard as i figured that like the saddle they would be like rocking horse poo.

Carl

drcarlos":mwfkxscd said:
If it is what I think it is the original tyre were panaracer ibex and I haven't seen any, not that I looked very hard as i figured that like the saddle they would be like rocking horse poo.

Carl

He he, I really don't know if we're "singing from the same hymn sheet" here but I've just googled this bike and found a picture of one with the same tyres that I have, different from the ones you mention.

I don't want to give away the tyre make, I'll leave clues to The Big Cheese ;) .

Swallow should have been on there but they were pooped so I have Wolber, NOS, amberwall...

And a perfectly period Turbo.

Condition is lightly used but battered by storage.

Back