Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Damn I hate shorter days - Here it is (apologies for the poor lighting etc):

Diablo.jpg

V few scratches etc. The paint work has oxidised a little. What do folks recommend to polish paint and alloy components?

The only changes I would like to make is to the stem and bars. Whilst I also have the original stem, would it be considered sacrilege to swap to carbon bars and alloy stem?

Stem.jpg

Out of curiosity, what is the appendage between the 2 chainstays for?

Chainstay.jpg

It's entirely up to you what you do to the bike, I personally like to stick to as original spec as much as possible but as long as it looks good and rides how you want it to it shouldn't matter. The appendage is for attaching the end of a full length mudguard to. Nice looking bike BTW, glad your swapping out that stem though :LOL:

I think this looks an awful lot better:

P_20130915_225404_2.jpg

P_20130915_225419_2.jpg

Whilst it is now completely original (except the grips and bar ends), unfortunately, the stem, titanium bar and the seatpost are really letting the side down on the mint-ness stakes.

There seems to be a real lack of Ti bars and cromo seatposts these days :(

I finally got to take the Diablo DX out for a spin yesterday. Lovely, compliant yet fast frame. I can understand why cantilever brakes died a death though - I had to constantly remind myself of the stopping distances when crossing any roads.

Nedmundo":m0up132x said:
I finally got to take the Diablo DX out for a spin yesterday. Lovely, compliant yet fast frame. I can understand why cantilever brakes died a death though - I had to constantly remind myself of the stopping distances when crossing any roads.

Thats coz yours are set up badly.....
lower the "yoke" down the main cable/closer to the tire, so that the straddle cable is shorter and has less of an accute angle over the yoke, and you will get more "mechanical advantage"

A tad extreme, but you get the idea......

konahed":c2a0u92l said:
I believe there's supposed to be a 90 degree angle on the straddle wire.
Nah, that's just the default setting. First thing we always did when getting cantis was to get rid of the shimano straddle link (that pretty much eliminated the option to tune the brake set up) and pop an aftermarket straddle in there. So we could tune the brakes.

Back