15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

Going to give this a miss. As suspected, a really hectic week at work already and I don't finish until Saturday afternoon. That would leave me a 6am start on Sunday, the ride plus another 3 hour drive home ready to start another 6 day week.
Long lie and local ride for me.

whole of scotland looks like a soaking on sunday that xcweather page now updated.

meant to say lads, even though i cant get up early enough to make the saturday if it still suits the rest of you to do glencoe/CP ride on the saturday then by all means go for it. i will just ride local in the afternoon and catch this another time.

we could also look at this for a national at somepoint as is a bit of an epic (but maybe not retro suitable lol).

i'm definately not as manly as Jamie, feck riding in the pishin rain and 25mph winds and on that trail lol.........tonight mathew...i will be a sheila!

i'm gonna use that line at work jamie - quality lol

well put Jamie, but starting to loose faith myself

Saturday does look a decent day, but Sunday is looking pretty pash

I'm only kidding around lads, just disapointed in the ride not happening.
Back home when I raced dirt track I had two lucky t shirts and thats what one of them said ' If you cant handle the pace, then go and sit on the couch with the sheila's'
The other was my No Fear one, ' I live with Fear everyday......some weekends she lets me race'

Jamie

There was an amusing interview with Hamish MacInnes carried out some years ago by one of the climbing magazines. Interview was about his lifelong climbing and mountain rescue career and was conducted in The Clachaig :D

When the interview finished they all walked outside into the pishing rain.

Hamish reportedly looked to the sky, shook his head, and said: "Ach I never really got a liking for this stuff"

:LOL:

Nevis:

I find the last two particularly worrying :shock:

You call me camp when you have all just cried off a bike run because of a little rain or a busy week :)

We will be doing the great glen no matter what the weather (because we have booked accommodation and will lose money if we pull out)

I leave at 2 tomorrow and still haven't built the bike I'm using :)

The Ken":3b3khlgq said:
You call me camp when you have all just cried off a bike run because of a little rain or a busy week :)

We will be doing the great glen no matter what the weather (because we have booked accommodation and will lose money if we pull out)

I leave at 2 tomorrow and still haven't built the bike I'm using :)

What bike are you taking? Any closer to a decision on a (shh) modern bike?

Taking the Xizang for this one,

no closer on the modern but I do like the turner ever so slightly more than the pivot but the pivot is lighter by 2lbs in frame alone, If I go for the bargain SC superlight at an lbs (or even a transition 29er) I can get a genesis fat bike next month too :)

I'm not sure I should compromise my decision to go DW link though as it was the only positive choice I made really. both the superlight and the transitions are single pivot bikes.

Back