SORTED: XTR M900 Headset Crown Race

timkrik

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I purchased a headset that was represented as NOS off fleabay. It appears to be missing a EDIT: Crown Race.

Attached are pictures for reference. The Green arrow points to an example of the missing item from a separate M901 headset.

Anyone have this part for the M900 1" ?

Attachments

• M900_MissingPart.jpg
    M900_MissingPart.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 441
  • M900_Instructions_MissingPart.jpg
    M900_Instructions_MissingPart.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 441
  • M901_ExamplePart.jpg
    M901_ExamplePart.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 441
Re: Wanted: XTR M900 Headset Bottom Seal

That's the crown race. You'll have more luck sending it back and getting your money.
I cannot remember if we managed to work out if another one like Tange or Ritchey would fit and what model it is from. M900's use a different bearing size to most other headsets.

Don't send it back yet! I'll look in the shed tonight....
Pretty sure I've got the bottom half of one of those somewhere.

All the best

If you have the m901 1-1/8" version I'm interested. I have one old and one new one without the crown race.

ebay seller has a 14 day return policy which ends on 17-Sep for my purchase. Seller has not responded to my ebay message missives.

Dan, I would be glad to purchase the Race from you if you are able to locate it by 17-Sep.

FluffyChicken, the M901 is complete and it is included in an M900 Partial Group that I am currently selling as a Group only (not splitting at this time).
RB: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271066
ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221281865178

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Wanted: XTR M900 Headset Crown Race

M900 crown races are hard to find - I found out the hard way ... :-(

The edges are very thin and they break easily on removal :-(

Good luck and I hope you get sorted :cool:

WD :D

timkrik":1pmgmrmk said:
ebay seller has a 14 day return policy which ends on 17-Sep for my purchase. Seller has not responded to my ebay message missives.

Dan, I would be glad to purchase the Race from you if you are able to locate it by 17-Sep.

FluffyChicken, the M901 is complete and it is included in an M900 Partial Group that I am currently selling as a Group only (not splitting at this time).
RB: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271066
ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221281865178

It's just crown races I'm after.
My old one was one I removed from my bike back in 1993ish and replaced with the much better Mavic headset that's in far better condition (you would hardly know it was used) after 20 years of use than one year of the M901.
But it's nice to make it complete so if anyone needs one I ride with they can use it. the bearing races are not great.
The New on I have had no crown race, but it was a Bike Jumble buy and is unused, nice to make it complete again.

I do also have a complete new unused one somewhere in a jiffy bag. Just no idea where I put it after a tidy up :oops: in no rush to find it though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I should add, you could try your local bike stores see if they have one in the back for some reason. Shimano code are 783-8619 for 27.0mm version (quite possibly now Y783 86190) and 783-9809 for 26.4mm version (quite possibly now Y783 98090)

the only new spare part I have is the plastic covers for the o-ring in M902 1-1/4" size, quite a few of them it seems.

Well...my widget filing stsyem seems to work :shock: :

6f9a541195e4d3d92e1fbf8d3bf8c1f0_zps4568387f.jpg

It's used, with a little brinelling around a section of race, but it's yours if you want it.

I don't want anything for it, unless you want it sending UPS/FedEx or something, put some money in a charity box.

Also have the top nut, top cone, and bottom cup if you want, otherwise they're up for dibs.

5137c74d5aecb147cd2d74aa1206603a_zps88edf984.jpg

All the best,

Latest posts

Back