Whats going on with this hub & fork

Radial to the inside, already a bad idea, is only going to give you a sparrow's fart of clearance. Flex will quite comfortably take that up.

Use a different hub.

regarding the pros/cons of radial in my opinion, bearing in mind it was my suggestion

honestly i don't like radial, i don't like snow flake etc, personally i only like 3 cross,

reason being is 3 cross i think is the strongest/stiffest compromise option for pretty much any wheel and i think gives the rider confidence in the build, personally i wouldn't be too abusive to a radial wheel, that's not to say i think it will collapse under normal riding though.

that said i remember the trek 8000 (1998 model i think) had a 28 hole radial front wheel, which was the first time i had seen it used on a production bike when i started in the trade and we had no issues with those and they were built for racing

i would say it looks like you have pretty reasonable clearance there which was the reason for the spoke pattern, my advice now would be to ride the bike on the less technical trails out there and keep an eye on the bearings and the trueness of the wheel generally.

looks nice regardless though, and it's all about aesthetics! ;) :LOL:

Back