1997 IBIS BOW TI - MY DREAM BIKE - FINAL PICS!

Re: 1997-1998 IBIS BOW TI - MY DREAM BIKE

I've got to say that whilst I appreciate these are rare and unique, they are pretty darned ugly in my opinion, like a ti version of a kirk precision but with bits missing. Just my opinion though.

ishaw":2abgeozc said:
I've got to say that whilst I appreciate these are rare and unique, they are pretty darned ugly in my opinion, like a ti version of a kirk precision but with bits missing. Just my opinion though.

:D it is in the eye of the beholder and all i can say is that they look much better in the flesh :D

ti_pin_man":fvqhe6qw said:
ishaw":fvqhe6qw said:

:D it is in the eye of the beholder and all i can say is that they look much better in the flesh :D
Absolutely. Different strokes for different folks. Bizarrely I like the look of slingshots and they are quite similar.

I've got an sts which I love the look of mostly, but the exposed seat post arrangement bugs me a bit. I know its like that for a reason, I just think a better, more aesthetically pleasing solution is/was possible.

The bow-ti frame is lovely aside (imho) from the suspension arrangement. If the shock had been integrated into the seat tube somehow (soft tail style) it would have looked much better, but I'm sure there are many technical reasons for this not being done.

Still a lovely frame, but for me could look lovelier.

ti_pin_man":3djzq1dt said:
Funnily enough I spoke to the UK importer of crank bros yesterday as i chased my pedal rebuilds and got chatting, he asked what bike it was for so i explained it was my bowTi. he exclaimed, wow you have one? you want to sell it?
Of course, my answer was a flat no way. He said scott nicol was actually trying to find one recently to put into a mueseum room at ibis HQ, they apparently have one of each of their bikes except the bowTi.

tell him he can buy my one :D is a mint bowti ideal for a museum.

Call jake at 2pure in Edinburgh in the morning. Am sure he'll put you in touch.

Guys,

Scot does have a bowti and I found it for him! I found a medium on craigslist a while ago during a search (too small for me) and sent him the link. He drove and got it that day. Here are some cellphone pics he sent me. It is now in the ibis museum..

here is what he wrote me when he got it

Those are the original wheels, they gave me the original stem and bars, and he said there was a yellow Judy on it when he bought it.
quick iphone pix attached. Thanks again, stoked to get this one."

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 579
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 579

a couple small updates:

-NOS flite saddle
-New ti bottle bolts
-Fox Alps Rebuild kit from Risse Racing...this weekends project!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 558
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 558

Scot Nicol was good enough to send me new decals for the bike..will install this winter when I blow it apart...having too much fun riding it and as you can see winter is coming...quite the Canadian photo don't you think?

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 528
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 529
Back