Michael Le Vell Off To The Pub!

Oops! Only just realised I transposed their names; of course it was Reggie up in Norwich... :oops: :facepalm:

Lambriano was a perfect gent to my now ex-wife when she and her friend unwittingly walked into the 'wrong' pub on the Mile End Road; she said she had never felt so safe in a strange pub full of dangerous looking blokes, didn't have to pay for anything, then he got them a taxi to their hotel later that evening...

...and not even the slightest hint of any impropriety!

highlandsflyer":2do4jxn5 said:
My goodness. Meeting one of the Krays would have had a huge impact on me.

I am sure I would have remembered which twin.

Yes, especially considering one of them was already dead by then! :facepalm:

Think I've been inhaling too many soldering fumes...

My sister in law was the last person to arrest Ollie Reed, I met him once at a party and my wife made suits for him whilst working on Savile Row. These kind of people linger in your memory.

Hah! Now there's a legend; don't mind admitting to being more than a little wary of him way back when (`79? Christ where does the time go!) as we both stood at a bar waiting to be served...

...well. I had to wait! :LOL:

He was a rank amateur compared to Richard Harris, famed for once popping out for a pack of smokes and returning home 8 days later ever so slightly sozzled. History does not record whether he actually managed to get his Bensons.

I met him not that long before he died, at the back of a crowd at Snetterton of all places; as I climbed a bank to get a better view I glanced at the tall bloke in full black leathers I found myself standing next to. I couldn't help doing a double-take when I realised who he was; then he held a finger to his lips and winked, and later shook my hand for not drawing attention to him...

...not often you meet someone of his stature so unexpectedly :cool:

Ended up sat next to him on a plane once, he clearly wanted me to sling-it (wanted three seats between him and his oppo), he nudged his oppo so he could clock him steadilly going into a drunken mode (he was sober in the airport), eventually after falling into me shoulder a couple of times he gobbed on me blazer, (aiding it's travel with a flick of his tongue). I was sat thinking terrible things, my beloved was throwing me the eyes, what to do, what to do. I served him a card with a pleasant face (i'm so enamoured you can gob on me) asking if he was the chap who had gone into the village pub in Hertfordshire and bawled 'buy these working class scumbags a drink'...low and behold he fell for it (what a prick) and sobered up thinking he'd found a sycophant, i cut him short when he was about to re-tell the tale (with obvious glee) and served me card by addressing the full plane behind me whilst sat looking forward at the bulkhead 'a village pub...in hertfordshire....buy these workingclass...scumbags...a drink, who ...the...uck....can't do that', he crumbled (the mrs nearly fainted) and the oppo he was with clocked i had devilment on me mind (f*ck the charge-f*ck the plane-fu*ck the holiday-game of funny fkrs on the cards) and was unable to take his boat out of the porthole. Two bob.

Back