Michael Le Vell Off To The Pub!

Funny, some years ago, I've mentioned my problems on here before, I went through a severe mental breakdown including SH and my GP said to me one day "I'd like a social worker to come and visit you" I agreed, I didn't see the point but I agreed anyway. A week later this woman appeared at my door after the children had got home from school, on entering the house one of my children said "Who are you?" And she replied " Hello, I'm one of your mum's friends" I got a very funny questioning look from said child. I replied by saying to the social worker "How stupid do you think children are?" and then I said to said child "She is a social worker, and she has come to see if I am looking after you correctly and if you have any complaints about me now's the time to say so," said child replied with "Oh" and walked off.

The final report did say though, that the house was a bit untidy, I agree it was just a bit, not dirty, just a bit untidy :oops: but the children appeared to be living in a loving, caring family. And they were and still are.

There is no point in lying to children, they know and I believe in total honesty with my children, I don't go into blow by blow descriptions but just let them now where they stand and that they are loved and that they can ask about anything they want to ask about. My mum said that a child is old enough to know the answer when he/she is old enough to ask the question, my philosophy also.

Alison

If she was a children's social worker she should have introduced herself to the children as such. as in I'm your sw. If she was a mental health sw she was right to offer an ambiguous explanation until seeking your consent to share that information.

Don't see a problem with that.

Charlieboy28":3ins6mtz said:
If she was a children's social worker she should have introduced herself to the children as such. as in I'm your sw. If she was a mental health sw she was right to offer an ambiguous explanation until seeking your consent to share that information.

Don't see a problem with that.

I've no idea what sort she was she never deemed it necessary to say. If she wanted my permission to expose to the children who she was, this isn't the dark ages, I do have a telephone. I just thought it funny, at the time, that she should pretend to be a friend, my children would have found it easier to swallow a snooker ball than that story and she certainly, judging by the conversation, had not done any homework :roll: she was as clueless about the situation as I am about quantum physics.

Edit: Anyway if she was just coming to discus my mental health privately surly it would have been advisable to come when the children were at school not when there were four running around disturbing us. I can only assume she was a children's social worker.

Alison

I've a strange feeling if the trial had been in Scotland it may have been a different verdict from the court.

The girls mother was documented to ask police workers if the story could be sold to the press.

The girl..had flashbacks when the original shout got knocked-back, not before.

She also become somewhat enamoured with the instructor of a confidence building conference/seminar who disclosed to her class she had been raped and gone on to make something of her life by becoming a model.

We_are_Stevo":3dqq6szv said:
highlandsflyer":3dqq6szv said:
technodup":3dqq6szv said:
He's an ITV man. It's the BBC that's the paedo breeding ground.

Lol!

There may be something to that, these sorts seem to either gravitate towards certain professions/organisations or become involved once they are there. Certainly seems to be a culture of acceptance at the BBC. Hopefully that is not libellous.

Not so much a culture of acceptance as the ability of people with certain agendas to insinuate themselves into a culture where they can hide in plain site...

...same as the reason the Krays ended up going to jail for 'life...' Too many top Politicians mixed up in the same murky world; they were only too glad to be rid of them in the end.

They had boothby (mp-shoutin thier cause for them in the commons) by the short and curlies after having procured rent-boys for him and secretly filmed him.

It's no different today with paedophile rings... :|

The celebs are the distraction for the masses, they've known who the 200 and odd members of the Paedophile information exchange (i kid you not) are/were since the mid-'70's.

You really shouldn't 'doctor' other people's quotes; I deliberately didn't make any reference to the sordid aspects of Ronnie Krays sexual preferences...

...having met Reggie in the early 90's when he was imprisoned in Norwich I can honestly say that, even as an old man with an incurable illness, he was a force to be reckoned with; pity Thompson and Venables couldn't have been banged up for 'life.'

At least old time villains had a curious kind of 'honour' about them...

Charlieboy28":22xfloug said:
Isaac_AG":22xfloug said:
ajm":22xfloug said:
Perhaps the most disgusting trait of SWs is their apparently almost universal inability to ever accept that they're wrong and have irreversibly ruined people's lives - no matter how much evidence is whacking them in the face.

I hear this, my folks due to the charity they ran, had first hand knowledge of the stupidity and total misunderstanding of children and their needs that SW's displayed and the lack of helpful, workable solutions to problems and when their mistakes were staring them in the face they'd argue black was white rather than admit they made a mistake.

Alison

Yes but at least we write coherent sentences and use punctuation correctly.

Kind of touchy for a do-gooder aren't we? :p

'...having met Ronnie in the early 90's when he was imprisoned in Norwich I can honestly say that, even as an old man with an incurable illness, he was a force to be reckoned with; pity Thompson and Venables couldn't have been banged up for 'life.'

He was'nt such a force when the Finnegan kid caved his kite in, or when JD placed a suitable greenen between his eyes and told him 'we don't do deviants up here mucka'

At least old time villains had a curious kind of 'honour' about them...

What was it his old pal Chris Lambriano said about old time villians when talking about the pair of them...after being asked why he did 15 for a crime he never committed and knowing them two where sticking him in 'i stayed loyal to my culture'.

Back