you favourite tyres

It's gotta be Geax Lobo Loco's for me, I run them all year round and they grip in all weathers, although I have "upgraded" to the Lobo Mas Loco version which is a whopping 2.5 and they fill up BIG. Tough and lightweight and I've used them for over two years since they came on the Kinesis Decade I bought. Can't fault them.

Regards

Liam

Doesnt matter what i fit theyll be wrong for the trail conditions which always seems to change 10 minutes after i start off.
Dry tyres - it pours. :LOL:

konahed":2fehyy2o said:
I like: Panaracer Fire XC

Me too, excellent tyres. I was running them back in 2003 and still run a set now. 1.8" ones are too thin, 2.1" are just right. Plenty grippy even on rocky Lakes trails. Brilliant.

I'm a fan of Continental Mountain Kings too. Wire ones are a bit heavy, but folding Mk2 tyres are great. Cheap to pick up but last well and again I've never run out of grip with them.

I currently have a Vredestein K-nobs on my back wheel, blue outer band of knobs which are supposed to be a harder compound than the central knobs. Quite unusual.

I'm a big fan of my current Schwable Hans Dampf's. They're pretty light for a big tyre and the trail star compound on the front grips really well. They were mega easy to set up tubeless and the change so far has been great.

I can't decide if I like them more than High Rollers, super tacky front, 60a rear DH single ply tyres. They're a bit porky and don't cone up that big for a 2.35 tyre. They do however grip well and suit my style of riding and they worked pretty well all year round.

Continental Rubber Queens, black chilli compound! Awesome all round tyre, rolls well with loads of grip! ;)

currently running some Halo Twin rails dual compound on my commuter. i like the cruiser bike size of these tyres - comfortable and have a nice smooth rail in the middle for the long straights.

Have IRC Mythos XC 1.95 on my full sus, a bit too thin for my liking - if i were to swap, i'd probably go for Panaracer Fires or Conti mountain kings (folding).
Have had IRC Kujos (heavy going with no mud clearance, but good indestructable fun). have yet to try out my IRC Mud mads! NOS rustwalls :p shouldnt be too long till i can crack them out :):):)

Mindmap3":3cjhox1t said:
I'm a big fan of my current Schwable Hans Dampf's. They're pretty light for a big tyre and the trail star compound on the front grips really well. They were mega easy to set up tubeless and the change so far has been great.

I can't decide if I like them more than High Rollers, super tacky front, 60a rear DH single ply tyres. They're a bit porky and don't cone up that big for a 2.35 tyre. They do however grip well and suit my style of riding and they worked pretty well all year round.

Do you use the actual tubeless ready tyres or the cheaper ones?

Back