Original TIME TBT Cleats

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi,

does anyone have a set (or two!) of these old TIME cleats for sale?
i really only need the leading cleat but will gladly take a set if
anyone still has a pair. they also came in a black plastic which
tend to wear out really quickly.

cheers

They're like hens teeth and I have 2 sets. Sadly I still use them though

They can be bought from Germany, but only with the plastic front tip not the alloy one.

I bought 3-4 sets to keep me going.

Way2many":1q4zhrpr said:
They can be bought from Germany, but only with the plastic front tip not the alloy one.

I bought 3-4 sets to keep me going.

where did you get your's from?

they used to be available on both Amazon and from PBK - some stockists in the US had just the cleat for sale without the brass cam, but only in plastic.
You see them at cycle jumbles every now and then
I may have a source though, I'll post again after I have made enquiries!
Richie

ps - these must be a candidate for making in 3d printing?

Hi there, I was the guy looking for these cleats too.
I got a set (F & R) from Tredz - not sure if they were the last set but they don't seem to be on there now.
However, they don't seem to work too great with the squarer-design pedals I have, there appears to be some variation in the rear cleat - perhaps my pedals would release easier with the sloping edge ones I've seen pics of.
Also, as you say the front cams are s*** - they are just plastic which wear away so easily. A guy in a shop said that didn't matter, but I dunno if I'll agree in a few months.
I think I may just go for some newer pedals that aren't such a pain to work with in future...
I have seen metal front cams only for sale on Canadian sites - maybe they would help you.

i managed to get a pair of the metal front cleats thanks to a super chap on this forum. yes, the black plastic ones don't last long with the leading edge getting worn down to "wafferrr theeeenn" proportions in no time!

:?

Back