Search for informations abount an 90´s bicycle called Marin

Hummelmann

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

at first: Sorry of my bad English, i come from Germany.

As i moved my home i found an bicycle in the basement. It must be from the 90´s.

I dont know much about retro bikes and i dont found the bike in the Internet. I hope you can help me to analyse the type of the bike and the roundly year it was built. I would like to know if the bike has no value or if it is something worth. Im happy abount every little info :)

(the wheels were replaced a few years ago)

Here the pictures:

qwum.jpg
6zlc.jpg
frok.jpg
crt1.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Re: Search for informations abount an 90´s bicycle called Ma

Hello,

Bike looks like around 1994. According to my little knowledge on MARIN's, "LIMITED EDITION" was a road bike series, not a MTB.
Doing a quick search on Marin catalogues didn't find any "Limited Edition" MTB

Maybe it's a very limited produced mtb, so it was not included in the catalogues :?

Frame is made from Tange's Butted Chromoly, good tubeset, but not top of the range that time.

Maybe someone else solve the mystery :)

Welcome to the forum :D

I agree with 1994. Don't remember it myself but I did find this on a Polish Retrobike forum http://forum.retromtb.pl/viewtopic.php? ... ee7b1e04f5

I translated some of the text but it doesn't really tell you anything.

Well, owner of "our" (polish) bike didn't tell about it too much...
From his relation
- 1994 as all graphic style says
- Tange tubes, so nothing "very special"
- weight 2072g for 17,5 C-C frame (not bad, but it confirms that's technicaly nothing very special ultralight etc ;))
- he had his own conception of the bike, bought only a frame and built it, so we don't know what was the level of oryginal equipment

Probably as we were talking it's model made for some special market (like fex Scott maded Sandoa for German market only, that model wasn't available anywhere ese) but using standard frame from collection from mid to mid/high level (~~ Palisades, Bear Valley)

That's the most important what was in the thread I think
BTW if You need any infos from our forum You can ask me via PM for translation - My Engish isn't perfect, but will be better than Google translation I think ;)

I've also noticed the MARIN "Afterburners" rear triangle and "Rockstar" forks (light)

Afterburners rear triangle and Rockstar forks are standard signatures in this range steel Marin from that times, similar to Marin Lite Components (stems, bars, barends, seatposts, sometimes saddles, cantilevers, tyres...)

Back