Random Photo Thread

good thinking, that man - cheers for that. my pet hate is the wind when you're out on the bike - bananas seem to be the culprit for me!!

:oops:

47p2 -

I was wondering if you could start a thread about computer gadgets and cycling. You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge about it and i would be interested to read a bit about mapping etc Strava and map my ride are a couple of things i have no idea about.

I'll leave that with you.

Thanks,

Richard

p.s. it is pouring here today - so you Scots should get it by 11 o'clock! Don't send it back again!!!

It started pouring here at 10:00ish so looks like we will both be in the same Noah's Ark if it keeps up

As for modern GPS technology I only dabble and don't know enough to warrant me starting a thread. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable would like to rattle a few sentences together for us luddites

All I knoiw is I use a Garmin 800 Edge which I upload to Strava and also to Garmin, I can create routes or sections in Garmin and upload them to my 800 and then follow said route which saves me from getting myself lost. There are lots of different websites for doing this but as yet I have not dabbled in any of them.

UM - that second paragraph is what i mean - could you translate it for me? (and i am not joking).

Still raining here!!!!

Richard

Any of you guys know anything of the riding near Killin / Loch Tay? Went last year without a bike but noted that it looked top notch and fancy going back next year, this time with a bike! Noted, it's not exactly the area you've been posting about but thought I'd ask anyway...

nope, 'fraid not. the only business i have with killin is that i did a 120 mile solo ride one summer from glasgow and blew the back tyre out there! totally stuffed as fitting a new tube would just have blown straight through the gaping hole in the back tyre! it's amazing what you conjur up when totally f**ked - the kendal mint cake wrapper in my pocket! fitted neatly between tyre and tube and got me home in a one-er!!

:D

Genius solution! That's thinking on your feet. Personally I'd of conceded and gone into the Falls of Dochart Inn for some of that cullen skink - that's a decent little secret you guys seem reluctant to send south of the border - one of the finest dishes i've eaten and a big reason for going back!

I've driven round Loch Tay and Killin many times, great roads but not on a sunny bank holiday weekend. Starting at Killin to Aberfeldy, down to Creiff, Comrie and loop back to Killin is a nice 71 mile loop taking in some of the rolling hills, fantastic scenery and the famous Sma' Glen

I would be up for a ride around Killin if I'm not working

Attachments

• Killin Loop.png
    Killin Loop.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 189
Back