BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

I always liked that notion of best bikes owned since new from BITD (which is going to be pre 97, for this BOTM).

John":3jodku58 said:
Any nice ideas for a special BoTM for this month?

I think given all the Who-Ha every month, with loadsa usual Nit Picking Etc,

Up the game a little.

A static Pic accompanied with a riding Pic, (with the bike actually in motion, owners faces don't need to be there if they so wish).

Accompanied with a Brief outline of the History of the Bike by the Owner, Or there Journey with the bike.....Everybody likes a little History/background, Limit it to "X" amount of words linking to the build thread.

May up the build thread contribution, and the photo uploads and the game a little, which I think can only add to the already great site.

Just a thought.... :cool:

sinnerman":6nmlk4fq said:
John":6nmlk4fq said:

I think given all the Who-Ha every month, with loadsa usual Nit Picking Etc,

Up the game a little.

A static Pic accompanied with a riding Pic, (with the bike actually in motion, owners faces don't need to be there if they so wish).

Accompanied with a Brief outline of the History of the Bike by the Owner, Or there Journey with the bike.....Everybody likes a little History/background, Limit it to "X" amount of words linking to the build thread.

May up the build thread contribution, and the photo uploads and the game a little, which I think can only add to the already great site.

Just a thought.... :cool:

+1 what a good idea. :D

sinnerman":3ouzz553 said:
John":3ouzz553 said:

Up the game a little.

+1 Great idea. Maybe bonus points for both wheels in the air for the action shoot. That'll weed out all the posers :cool:

I've thought for a while, it might be nice to have a year specific BOTM, eg 1990 only, based on the year of the frame. Later bikes, lets say, 95/96, often don't get a look in if a classic scoot rolls in. Nowt wrong with the classics, just an observation. it would take a few months to cover the years on here though...

I'd 100% back a static pic & riding pic.

Other ideas;

Flexstem equipped
No cnc
All cnc
Technically brilliant, visually appalling :facepalm:

Hows about a "Owned since I was 14" (or similar) special, backed up with a build thread and photo's of you with it from pre'97.... that'll eliminate all the chequebook builders and their NOS collections thrown onto a freshly painted garage queen ;)

G

unkleGsif":2ui830ll said:
Hows about a "Owned since I was 14" (or similar) special, backed up with a build thread and photo's of you with it from pre'97.... that'll eliminate all the chequebook builders and their NOS collections thrown onto a freshly painted garage queen ;)

G

Nothing stopping them refinishing there old race bike as a Junior(14 to 16 cat) and retiring it to the garage wall though..... :LOL:

Attachments

• Retired-Refinished Oldskool Racer..jpg
    Retired-Refinished Oldskool Racer..jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 292

Latest posts

Back