the ''enrgy' drinks industry

I think you did the right thing by sticking to your values. Money isn't everything so aslong as you are getting by and you are happy, that's what really matters.

They're awful. As the owner of a home brew shop in the centre of a city, I think the most worrying thing about them is the way groups of 10-14 year old boys get manage to high on them with their pocket money on Saturdays. All sorts of future health problems for them, poor mites.

If energy drinks had been available 70 years ago, I'm sure they would now have age restrictions in place.

You're right to stick by your principles. I'm a small business owner and I know how much harder it is to do that when you have bills to pay, but it's better to sleep at night.

Incidentally, a couple of months ago I was walking my dog along a road, and found an empty Tab Clear can in a ditch. When did they stop making it? 1991 maybe?

The contents were long gone, obviously, but the can still looked good as new. :-o

Interestingly a number of other businesses here are coming to the same conclusion as I have and are refusing to be involved,

MikeD":2hdo5zbo said:
Chopper1192":2hdo5zbo said:
A lot of these drinks are banned in many countries and one large manufacturer has promised.an altered.recipe to be splendidly it in countries such as America.cos the FDA weren't at all happy with it. The first ones were derived from recipes concocted by the US during the Vietnam way during experiments to keep soldiers awake and alert, but it was ultimately deemed to nasty to give.to the troops. It's nasty stuff and tastes like a hippies armpit.

I believe that most of that falls into the "urban legend" category, but I'm completely with you on the last sentence :)
Nah, it was banned in a few countries. France for one. They had (may still do?) a different french recipe with one of the ingredients removed to get round the ban.

Forget all the rest this one will make you push a big old ambulance through a desert....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 122
Back