REPACK-----BREEZER.

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
A New Dawn Perhaps....?

A great 6 minute Video, with Joe Breeze and CO...., The New Repack.

Discuss.....

http://repack.breezerbikes.com/

Gotta be Honest its Intriguing the HELL outta me....!

Attachments

• The NEW Breezer Repack..jpg
    The NEW Breezer Repack..jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,035
Covered elsewhere on the site already, but indeed an intrigue.

Intuitively I reckon it is over complicated for the sake of being different.

highlandsflyer":1b1cq3yw said:
Covered elsewhere on the site already, but indeed an intrigue.

Intuitively I reckon it is over complicated for the sake of being different.

(Ah sadly I never saw it, but given Joes a member, and the traffic this section gets might be nice to get a bit of feedback from the pre 97 lot perhaps...?

If the Mods disagree, feel free to move it.)

The Video footage of the bike in Action is Exceptional, Certainly Inspires me to wanna Ride it...!

Sotto boys certainly know what they are doing with suspension.

I am all for giving it as much attention as possible! This is one of the legends after all.

Looks great in action indeed, but is this just a case of patent dodging?

As posed elsewhere. I would love to see some technical argument for the mid chain stay pivot. Seems to me there is a lot more material being added than necessary.

Thanks goodness I am a farmer not a bike maker.

highlandsflyer":1cf0gtwn said:
I am all for giving it as much attention as possible! This is one of the legends after all.

Looks great in action indeed, but is this just a case of patent dodging?

As posed elsewhere. I would love to see some technical argument for the mid chain stay pivot. Seems to me there is a lot more material being added than necessary.

Thanks goodness I am a farmer not a bike maker.

I suspect a patent restriction is a just cause to seek alternatives for sure, and also a motive for trying something new.

I would like to know the comparable weights against another machine of a similar price point. But I gotta be honest Hats off to them for bringing us Something a little different than the normal offerings (GeneraliZed springs to mind).

That Video just makes me wanta hit the trail on one... :cool:

Whos Now bringing them into the country....? Anybody..?

HOW DOES THIS COMPARE TO SAY A YETI< ALSO DESIGNED BY THE SOTTO BOYS....? Whats that new yeti called again....Sb66..?

Just FYI, Joe sold his company to some big bike conglomerate about 6 or 7 years ago..

Ps: Joe is a hell of a nice guy..

patineto":12cfvxmq said:
Just FYI, Joe sold his company to some big bike conglomerate about 6 or 7 years ago..

Ps: Joe is a hell of a nice guy..

Cheers bud, I think most of us are aware. Advanced Sports International also have Kestrel and Fuji too. (A Philadelphia based "Private" corp with increased distribution to to over 50 countries and 80 distributors).

Fuji is being sold here by CRC, and Evans as was Breezer, and yet Breezer seems to have ceased (im unsure if this short term or not).

And yes he really is a nice guy, he was kind enough to pass on his thoughts ref the Cloud 9 carbon range on previous threads, (also ASI) would be great if we could hear his thoughts on the Repack range and frame design.

I this see frame design has its own patent on the Sotto/Breezer suspension design in the same way as Cris Conroy/YETI did with there sotto designed SB range.

It beats having to pay other companies to use there suspension platform, Why do that when you can start with a clean sheet of Paper....And give us something NEW.

:cool:

Pics below of Joe at the launch at Eurobike 2013.

Attachments

• 1150195_10151878622421563_247910784_n.jpg
    1150195_10151878622421563_247910784_n.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 933
  • 1238890_10151886361861563_335419927_n.jpg
    1238890_10151886361861563_335419927_n.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 933
Ive just seen this Posted by Kaiser on the other thread.

A brilliant link and an Interesting read..

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/08/27/eb1 ... tain-bike/

Given the Spec with FOX Kashima shocks and XT, at 3699 euros the price its keenly priced too IMHO.

27.5 wheels, and I bet the M-link bearings don't need "Repacking" with grease after ever run down Mt Tam like BITD.....lol.

Anybody know if they are coming to the UK....?

Attachments

• bikes-repack-team-front.1.jpg
    bikes-repack-team-front.1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 917
  • Marin County California..jpg
    Marin County California..jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 917
  • THE NEW M-LINK PATENT DESIGN.jpg
    THE NEW M-LINK PATENT DESIGN.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 917
  • JB giving the Talk at Eurobike on the NEW Repack..jpg
    JB giving the Talk at Eurobike on the NEW Repack..jpg
    75 KB · Views: 917
The previous Breezer suspension Models, the Allsop Softride- 1994 Breezer Beemer, and the John Castellano designed "sweet spot" 1997/8 Breezer Twister.

And Now the Sotto/Joe Breeze 2014 Repack.

:cool:

Attachments

• 96Breezer14.jpg
    96Breezer14.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 870
  • 2014-Breezer-Repack-enduro-trail-mountain-bike04-600x399.jpg
    2014-Breezer-Repack-enduro-trail-mountain-bike04-600x399.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 871
  • TwisterFront.jpg
    TwisterFront.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 871
  • 93Breezer6.jpg
    93Breezer6.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 871
I'm on a mobile so haven't looked at the pics in too much detail, but it looks a bit like the amp suspension fork linkage on my blurry phone (or perhaps its my blurry eyes). It looks nice though, I'm all for change and being different.

Back