Michael Le Vell Off To The Pub!

highlandsflyer":281dju9w said:
technodup":281dju9w said:
He's an ITV man. It's the BBC that's the paedo breeding ground.

Lol!

There may be something to that, these sorts seem to either gravitate towards certain professions/organisations or become involved once they are there. Certainly seems to be a culture of acceptance at the BBC. Hopefully that is not libellous.

Not so much a culture of acceptance as the ability of people with certain agendas to insinuate themselves into a culture where they can hide in plain site...

...same as the reason the Krays ended up going to jail for 'life...' Too many top Politicians mixed up in the same murky world; they were only too glad to be rid of them in the end.

It's no different today with paedophile rings... :|

I think the testimony of many already suggests there was a culture of acceptance at the Beeb.

Both anecdotally and under inquiry colleagues and others have pointed out, "Everyone knew Saville was up to something, but no one wanted to challenge such a powerful figure."

Then there were the social workers and children's home managers, prison and hospital staff who all overlooked their duty of care.

Esther Rancid is the worst of the lot, in my view.

Let's just hope, in as much as the public vent hate on those found guilty they find themselves able to accept court judgements on those who may be entirely innocent.

Somehow I doubt it, and if ever there was a case for a super injunction it would be in such high profile cases.

Yes, unfortunately innocent until proven guilty seems not to apply here... :|

One Police statistic worth remembering though; only 72% of the allegations against Saville were 'possibly' substantiated...

...whilst the 72% is far, far too high, 28% pure fantasy is a scary number; especially when the tabloids present it as Gospel! :|

I think the weight of evidence against Saville is so heavy we can allow for the attention seekers.

Being accused of something incredibly is incredibly undermining and has long term effect, regardless of whether one is vindicated in protesting innocence.

My own experience of one particularly hurtful complaint has led me to believe the system is completely flawed in terms of allowing accusations become allegations without much scrutiny.

The CPS should have their role expanded in my view, in order to prevent such matters ever entering the record where there is little or no real evidence.

Regardless of the 'not guilty' verdict here, Kevin Webster won't be getting a job with kids any day soon.

Let's hope Coronation Street give him work until he retires, because any other job is going to be awkward for him.

ITV are meeting with him with a view to reinstating him in the program.

I am of the notion that as he has been acquitted, he has been proven innocent and is therefore innocent of all charges.

Alison

Chopper1192":1lqkjnxq said:
The Krays went to jail for life because the only sentence for murder is life.

Only because the Coppers that got them didn't move in the same airy, high-faluting circles as their Toff admirers!

Back