Help identifying year/model of this frame please? *Updated*

m4nc3r

Retro Newbie
Recently my father passed away and we are trying to get an idea of how to value his endless possessions. I'm not looking to sell this here, I would just like some help with what I should be looking for as I haven't paid attention to bikes since he bought and custom fit me my 12" azonic ds2 when I was 8 XD

What I do know;
This frame is definitely pre-1995 as he has had it since I can remember XD
It's titanium and in real good condition.
It's 8 speed, complete shimano XTR derailer and grip lever set.
Race face stem and possibly pace forks BUT these appear to be solid despite the crown. We believe he recently removed his proper carbon fibre pace forks due to being unable to purchase replacement pads? This will require searching for them as I know they would not be disposed of lol
It's not huge, maybe only 15-17"? He was only 5ft 5.

Any ideas on the year/ possible model ? And maybe what sort of value I should look for if we eBay it?

Or any info at all actually as I'd be really interested to learn about these old frames :)

Thank you x

*Note* When I was taking the photo today I didn't think about the decals - they were a little worn/bitty to see and I stupidly assumed they were just decorative not informative. I'm now 40 miles away and kicking myself for not looking closer =/

Attachments

• 1174966_10151735460016263_2111269803_n.jpg
    1174966_10151735460016263_2111269803_n.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 525
Re: Help identifying year/model of this frame please? *Updat

kona hei hei replica.......i'll give you a tenner!!

kona are a cult bike and you could be sitting on quite a lot of bike here......someone soon will be along with a price....but it starts at £lots!!

Welcome!

To kona... Need more pics and details but if full xtr then potentially looking at £700+

Ti kona. Bloody mobile...

Very nice!
Kona titanium frame
Pace RC30 forks
XTR brakes
Salsa skewers
XTR cranks
You'd probably get more for it if you strip it for parts, but as above £700 minimum.

Thanks guys ^_^
I was getting the same kind of the feeling about the parts XD

We actually think he may have got this in 1990-1991 when they first started producing them. Mum says she remembers he was on a waiting list for the frame to be built, and I'm sure there are baby photos of them holding me with this in the picture (I was born in 1990)

Feeling like I shouldn't have delved deeper now... part of me wants to keep it =/ But it's much to big for me, and far to manly lol

Mum seems to think this is important... mean anything to anyone? she says they were custom made to order

Attachments

• 1174768_10151735558151263_1737610916_n.jpg
    1174768_10151735558151263_1737610916_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 484

Can't look as on tablet but the archive section at the top has kona catalogues. Look it up but think its a 1991 or 1992 model?

Nice wheels but not sure they are custom? More likely hand built and chosen hubs and rims?

coomber":s8liq4k1 said:
Can't look as on tablet but the archive section at the top has kona catalogues. Look it up but think its a 1991 or 1992 model?

Nice wheels but not sure they are custom? More likely hand built and chosen hubs and rims?

Probably that ^^
I know he did that with the wheels on mine so that I could take it jumping, no reason his wouldn't be specified to his needs like that XD

I will have a look in the archives now, thank you for all your help guys, I appreciate it ^_^
Unfortunately I traded my passion for bikes for that of mascara and glitter at some stupid stage in my teenage years lol

Its never too late to pop back and trade makeup for bike bling!

Haha true, I think I will leave all that excitement for my boys though, my oldest turns 3 this year so planning on restoring my first ever bike to use to teach him in the summer lol need to find those other pace forks though as the crown on this kona now was mine XD
He didn't do things by halves, taught his 3 yr old daughter to ride on a custom chopped and fitted bike with full 6x speed lx set. If I can give my boy half of what I had I'll be happy lol

Latest posts

Back