Random Photo Thread

47p2":2pq16556 said:
kaiser":2pq16556 said:
Any guesses as to where this is West coast Scotlanders ?

Bealach na Bà ?

No. Its within 50miles* of your Colintraive pic and the loop you posted.

*I reckon

47p2":5f28dfr1 said:

No...this might go on for a while :LOL: . Its a big climb on popular 56 mile loop...that you'd need to get a ferry to.

is that glendaruel?! i'm only hazarding a guess as the climb from strachur side is pretty much :shock: all the way and you don't take in much of the scenery at all!! :oops:
the glen side of things is nicer but still a grind all the way to the spectacular descent to strachur..

:cool:

Nah, its the climb from Lochranza to Sannox on Arran, bugger of a thing that it is.

kaiser":18wo16k9 said:
Nah, its the climb from Lochranza to Sannox on Arran, bugger of a thing that it is.

ahhh, something NOT to look forward to next month, then?! we were discussing a trip to arran in october this very evening!

rusty bodie":kygsjgtt said:
kaiser":kygsjgtt said:

ahhh, something NOT to look forward to next month, then?! we were discussing a trip to arran in october this very evening!

well the descent is very good :) heres my best tip if you never been before, go to the front of the boat and see what way the flag is blowing. Try to get a tailwind when your on the west side of the island, i.e. either go clockwise or anticlockwise to suit. Its a long slog if its a headwind.

5330578273_1dec1c3504_z.jpg

Doesn't look too bad :oops:

Driven it in the car, must take the bike over some day

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 21.55.53.png
    Screen shot 2013-09-10 at 21.55.53.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 231
Back