The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

You can clearly see the bad welds. Don't know if I should find replacement parts or get it properly repaired.
If anyone got a (original?) AC front ring and/or cranks in good shape, I would definitely be interested to buy.

Can anyone here tell, if any original parts?

I'm new to the site. I recently bought a 1998 GT STS 1000-DS, I purchased a rear disk brake bracket from an eBay seller here in the States, which doesn't quite fit my bike. My frame has the factory drilled holes in the non-drive side dropout. Is there a company that makes a quality bracket that is a bolt on for my bike? Has anyone used the bracket offered for the GT LTS from Betd?

Thanks, Matt

Hi men, I ride my Lobo with a 600x2.0 spring shock. I find it hard, so I am thinking to change this spring.
Could you tell me what is the recommanded spring for my weight : 80Kg (nude) ?
Thanks.

This is my STS from broken frame to rideble bike
p4pb9116107.jpg

p4pb9116108.jpg

p4pb9116110.jpg

p4pb9116111.jpg

p4pb9116105.jpg

p4pb9116102.jpg

its not really finnished, still some small things has to be done like bleeding brakes, change the pedals and of course the decals.

I had a new alu bracket piece, just took the old one of and glued the new one in.
The re-modelling the carbon was the most difficult thing since its not just epoxy both this thermoplastic stuff.

This is amazing !

A real hope for all STS users (like me) who have the fear of breaking its frame..

Great work !

Back