The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame eh! but it rides suprising well for an ealy full susser - will keep it as a run about and early piece of MTB/Kona history - besides looks good hanging on the garage wall with a few other retro builds.

masha":1jj2jxib said:
shame eh!

'tis the trouble with retro builds :roll:

Worth a fortune in bits, but bugga all as a whole!

But, it can be a long, drawn out process selling all the bits n bobs off to get your ££'s back........

you're not wrong there - but then its a labour of love retro-biking and all down to personal sentimental value too (ie back in the days I was at school and such bikes were totally out of reach / posters on the bedroom wall etc). :)

Hi

I have recently been given back one of my original mountain bikes from I think approx 1989/1990, by my sister, it needs some TLC so weird how suddenly it has been given back to me.

Scott Boulder (1989/90 ish, not sure)
Rigid Bike, Pink Frame with black seat tube and black rigid forks (nice Retro colours!!).
Tange Infinity MTB Cro Mo Tapered Double Butted Tubing.
Shimano Deore Groupset with Biopace chainrings and Shimano Deore "Light action" SIS Shifters.
Araya 26 x 1.5 Rims, gold colour if that helps.
X Lite bar ends.
Seat has disintegrated and although I have just stripped it and cleaned it, does need, I think New bottom bracket, brake blocks and maybe a chain.
Would not win a beauty pageant as frame has scratches and wear to a fair bit, but does look presentable. I can e mail pics if anyone wants to see.
My question is WHAT IS IT WORTH, as I do not have a clue, Thanks in advance.

Hi Lemon
My friend has a 93/94 Boulder, nice bike!
With yours, cleaned up and rolling again, I would have thought IRO £75/90 as a whole wouldn't be far out.

masha":35ia763n said:
shame eh! but it rides suprising well for an ealy full susser - will keep it as a run about and early piece of MTB/Kona history - besides looks good hanging on the garage wall with a few other retro builds.

Those verlicchi frames were excellent .

exactly the same bike as an Iron Horse but with Joe Murray's name on it - must appeal to someone Kona or World-Champs related.

Selle Bassano Modular Titanium

Only things I know about this seat is that it cost 140quid new :eek: and the seat width is adjustable :LOL: for those lard arses

It's an intresting seat nevertheless, i think one of the first to be Ti. Not as light as you would expect though.....

so what's it worth...

edit: just did a quick search and they still make em! A newer design of course..

SBM1.jpg

SBM2.jpg

SBM3.jpg

SBM4.jpg

SBM5.jpg

Any opinions of this very welcome!

It's a 16inch steel frame, says Specialized, but it's clearly not. Has 'Reynolds' stamped into the rear dropout. Local bike shop just said it was probably a custom job, no idea of manufacturer though, nor it's age. Very recent paint job, and inside of seat tube looks fine. Shimano STX cranks, derailieurs and shifters. Alivio canti brakes, Shimano levers.

Brand new Quando wheels, brand new tyres.

Anodised purple bar ends!

Nice newish saddle.

What am I bid for this fine machine? Likely to suit someone 5'2 - 5'8 ish I guess; it's quite a small frame.

Cheers

Gareth

PS PLease note these pictures are not current - I've since put the proper wheels on!

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back