1994 Kona Cinder Cone - Price drop

jimmythejamjar

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm selling my 1994 Kona Cinder Cone 19 inch

The bike's in good working order, it's not been resprayed or tarted up in any way. It's picked up a few knocks here and there but is in pretty good order, it's definitely not like new ! That said it still turns heads, start conversations and is ace to ride !

Since buying the bike last year I've upgraded and changed a few bits.

I've fitted Pace RC 36 forks, these have been serviced by Pace and are in perfect working order. A new set of decals and the forks would look and ride like new. I have receipts for the work

The Rims are new Mavic XM317's laced to deore hubs I have receipts for these wheels.

Deore XT V brakes and levers

Deore XT 7 speed thumbies

Deore XT rear mech

Deore LX front mech

Deore LX cranks (not the sugino's that came on the bike as standard)

Cane Creek Head set

Conti Mountain King tyres

New granny and middle rings

New 8 speed cassette (7 speed cassette included which works fine)

It's a perfect bike for a retro re build or for regular use. I've been using it for XC racing and rode the Isle of Man end to end on it yesterday with no problems.

The only mechanical fault is that in yesterday's E2E i twated the back wheel on a rock, resulting in a buckled back wheel. It's not a massive problem and can easily be trued up. If you're happy to take the bike as is with the buckle, then knock £40 of the price below.

I'm setting a price of £425 including postage to mainland uk addresses. For this price I'll get the buckle sorted out in the wheel or knock £40 off that price and you can sort the buckle your self.

Payment is either
pay pal gift
pay pal with protection (add £10)
or bank transfer (preferred)

Any questions please get in touch, if you want more pictures let me know and I'll e mail them to you.

Cheers

James

Attachments

• Cinder Cone 1.png
    Cinder Cone 1.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 975
  • Cinder Cone 2.png
    Cinder Cone 2.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 975
  • Cinder Cone 3.png
    Cinder Cone 3.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 975
  • Cinder Cone 4.png
    Cinder Cone 4.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 975
  • Cinder Cone 5.png
    Cinder Cone 5.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 975
  • Cinder Cone 6.png
    Cinder Cone 6.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 975
Re: 1993 Kona Cinder Cone with Pace RC36, Deore XT, Mavic XM

Hi, It looks like a 1994 Cinder cone...I could be wrong though!

Very nice all the same! good luck with the sale

Re: 1993 Kona Cinder Cone with Pace RC36, Deore XT, Mavic XM

konaben82 was right it is a 1994 Cinder Cone

I'm not sure if the price is realistic but the rules say it needs a price.

Feel free to make me an offer

Re: 1994 Kona Cinder Cone with Pace RC36, Deore XT, Mavic XM

Good luck with the sale. They are great frames, I have one of a similar age which rides amazingly well.

I did the E2E at the week-end too- massive respect for doing it retro! its a tough race. Much respect also to the IOM MTB club for organizing such a cracking event.

Re: 1994 Kona Cinder Cone with Pace RC36, Deore XT, Mavic XM

cheers rollodes !

Yeah the E2E is hard going and there were a few other retro bikers out there. It's great to ride, I'm only selling because I'm skint and at 6'4" it's a little bit too small for me.

Back