1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the work bike.

Just been taking a look at some other serotta's and from what I can see , mine is almost the same shape as these ones ➡️ http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=26977 and http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/3982716122.html only differences I can see is , 1, the part behind the crank, I'm assuming this is the 'chainstay' is not as wide/flat as the one in the link's above and other Serotta's I've seen so far, and that brake noodle guide on mine is different.

Further investigation looms

Perhaps you could look for the serial number which may give some clue? This thread shows a T Max with serial number discussed (doesn't appear to have chainstay bridge) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=259233

Cleaned off the grime and dirt to reveal this number

from what I can see its BS 8943 004P ? does this mean anything as I can't find any reference anywhere ?

That's much too nice to be a "work" bike.

Am I the only one thinking that this bike has been upgraded at some point? Those bottle bosses on the seat tube sure seem to hint that it was originally intended for a bottom swing mech as opposed to the top swing affair it's carrying now.

Looks a good find that will need a bit of work. The front mech is currently placed far too high which may give a strange impression about the bottle cage bosses.

Re: Nigel the work bike. Serotta ? ?

Had an early finish from work and managed to squeeze in 5 to take some better photos

Not sure what I've bought ,what make it is or if its worth all the bother , as I spent most of the night shift researching and trying to find some link , thread of information, but absolutely zilch :( , if it is a serotta then I cannot find any pictures with a rear brake guide like this ➡️

The tubes, really seem to be put together well , I'm sure are Max Or Columbus made, which from my initial impression after a spin of this bike are quite nice, very racy position , seems very direct and wants to just Go, which is nice , but not sure if I can do the bike justice or indeed if I should just use the parts off nigel for my Univega, which was my initial plan ?

Anyway , time to ponder :)

Re: Nigel the work bike. Serotta ?

You can see it has a seatpost sleeve now, so it's not an Explosif. Did early Brodie frames have a sleeve?
XTR M95x titanium cassette too.

Back