1990 Scott Pro Racing , finished (almost) pg12

Re: Nigel the work bike.

:) thanks for the replies, I could relate to being a little wary of these brakes on the front :shock: as the ones fitted on the back , take zero effort to lock the wheel, I'd akin them to a disc brake :) , liking these.. upon further poking around , It says 'scott usa' 'SE' and 'pederson' on the brakes, so not sure which cat/brand they fall into. ?

I'll take a look at the crank and see if I can see any writing on them, cheers, plan to strip and regrease everything, which is tonight's job if I don't get called into bloody work again :roll:

I could be wrong but cranks look like a set of polished M900 XTR ones.

Carl.

drcarlos":34tvoqpi said:
I could be wrong but cranks look like a set of polished M900 XTR ones.

You were beaten to it again :LOL: (see my edited post above)

Mr Universe":34tvoqpi said:
It says 'scott usa' 'SE' and 'pederson' on the brakes, so not sure which cat/brand they fall into. ?

As per my post above mate;

benbonty":34tvoqpi said:
Yours are the Scott USA Pedersens. Great brakes but can be a little 'grabby' on the front!

Cranks look very much like M900 XTR.... have a look on the back of the crank arms for a shimano model number.

benbonty":1beplwxr said:
I owned a T-Max, it was the lightest and best handling steel bike I've ever had. The downtube looks about right, with heavy ovalisation at either end, and I seem to remember a similar brake noodle on the seat cluster.... They had deep and heavily ovalised chainstays too but I can't tell whether yours has from the pics.

Ahh, you had one with a brake noodle. My searching didn't come up with one of those.

raidan73":1e984yp9 said:
Ahh, you had one with a brake noodle. My searching didn't come up with one of those.

I think so mate... I can't find any photos of it at the moment though!

benbonty":27x6qi6j said:
raidan73":27x6qi6j said:

I think so mate... I can't find any photos of it at the moment though!

I found yours using the Google search function, the thumbnail is there but the original image has long gone!

Just had a look and it says 'FC-M900' on the back of the non ringed drive arm. ?

Does this mean they are an Xtr crank ?

And the chainstay part of the bike is slightly ovalized, but not as much as the rest of the bike ,

I've just been looking here viewtopic.php?t=4564 , and although this looks very similar , that noodle is not show on the T max ?

Was there other models that had/had not the brake noodle guide ?

Mr Universe":1tnk9z6p said:
Just had a look and it says 'FC-M900' on the back of the non ringed drive arm. ?

Does this mean they are an Xtr crank ?

Yes it does! Good score :cool:

Nice :) am I right in thinking then , these are the first generation Xtr cranks available according to bikepro released in 1992 ? would this then put the frame and bits about the right age for a serotta ?

Mr Universe":1o768z77 said:
Nice :) am I right in thinking then , these are the first generation Xtr cranks available according to bikepro released in 1992 ? would this then put the frame and bits about the right age for a serotta ?

It would indeed.... I'm trying to find a pic of my T-Max as I'm sure it has a noodle. No joy yet though!

Back