Concorde Squadra steel aero bike project

Re: Concorde Squadra aero bike project

COOL!

It's so nice to have some sort of provenance, just to give you an idea of where the frame came from, especially in the case of a Concorde.

if it remember correct, columbus ego was from the late 90,s and of the nivachrome range so good stuff indeed.loverly frame ,and keep the paint

Would it have been ridden by this bloke then. http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wielers ... eurid=7057 ?

Says he was pro in the early 90's but not in the team this bike was made for. He was actually pro with ADR in 89 when lemond won the tour. He also won the U23 ronde in 88, so wasn't too bad either!

I think the STI/ergo cable guides on the head tube make this frame late 90's at the earliest, and dewielersite shows Eddy's amateur results up to 1996, so I imagine he was with Westautos in the mid to late 90's or even early 2000's.

and I agree on the paint - leave it as is!

I was also under the impression the frame was a little younger than Jowan told me.

About keeping it original, sorry but I have different plans with this frame ;)

Progress on the Concorde has been very slow. Finding the right parts turned out harder than I thought. That said, I did manage to find a very nice Chorus titanium seatpost and an ITM Kystral titanium stem to go with it. I also ordered a Chorus 9 speed groupset and a pair of black Shamal HPW wheels, which I think will look very nice with the frame. I hope these will come in this week.

By the way, I will be keeping the paint original after all :cool: .

The Shamal wheels came in earlier than expected. The wheels themselves are in superb condition and I think they look amazing in the frame. They are tubulars though, which does make them slightly less practical... :|

9724820590_6b71101696_c.jpg

9724820066_26d8869cf8_c.jpg

I managed to track down a very nice Campagnolo Record titanium equipped bike last week. All I need now are the handelbars, a headset and a saddle (San Marco Regal maybe?) to complete the build kit.

In the meantime I have been busy with a second aero steel bike project, a Fausto Coppi Neuron Megatube. The tubing is almost identical, aside from the seat tube.

9894296896_6d81f9dc63_c.jpg

Back