New here, need help...

Thanks for the reply.

I took it apart easy and I can re fit it to the old seat no problem at all but it just doesn't seem to go on the new seat all. It's two bolts either side by the way.

Hmmmm (again)

Have you a pick?

Does the clamp have a bolt on either side - this is hard to explain - is the clamp at right angles to the top of the seat post? - a long bolt running through the clamp with 2 bolts, one on each end?

If so, it might take a little pressure to get the centre bits between the saddle rails - get one clamp in and lever the other side gently between the rails until it clips in. I will look for pics but i may not have any.

Richard

Here's everything.

9QALQG6.jpg

Easy peesy - assemble one side and gently clamp it around the rail - the t-shaped pieces are in the inside.

On the second rail put the bolt through and the outside clamp LOOSELY! Then try and insert the t-shaped clamp in the middle. IT may take a little levering but it should clip into position.

I should add that three hands are useful for this.

AND - MOST IMPORTANTLY - make sure you have it all the right way round - easy to make this mistake (i have done it a few time) my pic is the right way round.

This is harder to type than to actually do!

Richard

p.s. headin back to bed shortly -work tonight

I have no problem at all doing it on my other seat so It felt daft asking about it to be honest. I think I'm going to need that third hand to sort this out. Thanks for the help.

It will fit IMO - the pic i posted shows an old stem with a brand new seat - it was awkward and annoying when i had it backwards TWICE but it did eventually work.

I think one side clamped tightish and then try the second side is the best way.

Have fun,

Richard

This is what your aiming for but do t from one side, put rails in place then final clamp piece and nut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 201
Back