Relisted GT rigid fork

player":9cil6slw said:
Didnt this fork have a £25 buy it now price and it didnt sell and now its at a starting bid of £30 :LOL:

I think they ended up at that when they were previously sold as 'GT Forks'. They've since been identified as GT Bologna Lites so £30 is a bargain IMHO if you have a short enough headtube.
I've seen these go for £75 !

Mmmm.... something smells here, the buy it now has shot up to £40

They are really worth £120 probably - lets see what the price reads tomorrow :)

There only worth what people are willing to pay and that value is a lot less than what he has them up for.I get what your saying but they ain't selling.

Obviously no-one read my previous comment !
t
The BIN went up as the ad was changed to reflect the fact they are genuine Bologna Lites (I've seen bog-standard GT forks go for £30+). These are top of the range light-weight triple-butted forks, GT's equivalent of Kona Project 2 forks !

This is not a GT Bologna Lite. Bologna Lites weigh 820-850g and usually carry the imprint CM/TB (TB for tripple butted). The early Bologna Lites are rather thin, the later ones have "fatter" legs. This is a standard Bologna, which weigh 925g and up. The catalogue refers to them as "Bologna Cut", "Bologna single butted" etc. The safest way to tell the forks apart is the weight.

GT Bologna Lites are nice forks and don't flex too much. However, I would not consider them "lightweight" compared to Ritchey Logics (under 700g), Klein Uniklein (550g) etc. However, for 40 GBP they are good value and the perfect fork for a nice Zaskar/Avalanche. Sometimes, it does take a while to find one, though.

Back