Overyburys Road Bike (700c) for sale - Very Good Condition

Re: Overyburys Road Bike (700c) for sale - Very Good Conditi

Cheers Makster,

I'd like it but I don't need it. I'll bow out to you, Ringo.

And I'll pass the baton to KenG... as ever in this crazy Retro MTB world something else has come along to woo me! :D

Lovely thing though... (the Overburys).

Very nice,but I'm out too,whilst waiting for the photos something else came along to tempt me,so to the next guy goes the oppertunity to buy.

:)

I wondered if he might post the grubby picture as it came out of storage - I will post some more close up's later this week - I want to give it a clean - as much to show clearly any shortcomings as clearly as possible as to show off the good bits. Trouble is I might get attached to it giving it all that love.

Pictures about to follow, but please note that I am not comfortable with selling right now. I have not completed the promised clean up, so the photos are a bit "warts and all".

It would clean up really well except for the following:-

The chips to primer clearly.
The top tube has some under-paint rust in places (not from chips - maybe Andy was having a bad day). This is limited to the top tube along most of its length though and just the down tube above the gear levers (as photos). It's not functionally important, but cosmetically it's a little disappointing.

I believe that most of the pictures under sell it as I have not bothered to clean everything.

Unless someone desperately wants this bike and wants to make me a too good to turn down offer (ie really more than it's worth), I think for now I am not selling - apologies for getting your interest up. As enthusiasts, I suspect and hope you understand the internal struggle I have been having over this.

I will probably clean to within an inch of its life over the winter and ride it a bit and see how I feel about it after that.

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 306

Nobody here ever gets upset at someone who sees sense!

Interesting that it has a Deer Head rear mech fitted :cool:

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 301

makster":134luzol said:
Nobody here ever gets upset at someone who sees sense!

Interesting that it has a Deer Head rear mech fitted :cool:

Forgive my ignorance, what is unusual about the Deer Head mech?

And more pics.... probably enough now as I am not really trying to persuade anyone any more am I!

One last point and a photo I meant to take - it has a boss to bolt the rear mudguard direct to the frame - no silly bracket that will snap. I do recall that I loved all the useful bosses it came with - most bikes had very few at the time and this has every boss I ever would want.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 298

I think most people on here would understand that some things are just meant to stay with you,once again I'll back down and let you regain the passion.

Back