Cinelli Supercorsa

Nice touch s the cinelli bars and stem and red computer . its quite a detailed frame for 1995 . i really like the little badge at the top of the stays and also the fork crown is decent. i would love one of these or a de rosa or a ciocc or a bottechia......
cinelli modern alloy frames... prob made in thaiwan...

Very nice.

Not that it really matters with a bike like this but do you know what it weighs? Just interested as I'm wondering about buying a new Supercorsa and building it up with new Campag Athena.

I have a Pinerallo of a similar era and am really liking this generation of bikes.

Thanks.

Not sure if the frame is really mid-90s, the Neuron tubing was used from the 2000-ish onwards.

Mine is from 1994-95 and has "New SLX", the "spoiler" b.b. shell, and semi-vertical short slot dropouts. The brake bridge is the "hollow" type (like the Everest) and angled at the top; in the late 90's-2000's I saw the Supercorsa using more the "solid" bridge like the Silva's.
The paintjob and chrome of older models is far better than current (2010-now) ones, but we all know how tough is to find a place that will do a GOOD job for chroming bicycle frames.
Yours looks nice in the pics, just bear in mind that the paintjob chips off easy :( so pay extra-care and protect the frame where the cables may rub, the right colour for touch-up is RAL3020 ("traffic red"), not the 3001 "signal red" which is slightly darker than what used on the Cinelli's.

Enjoy your bike! :cool:

9533032700_5ef28a868d_o.jpg

7537328412_58d06d04cb_o.jpg

I enquired about a new one of these and I'm told by the UK importers that they they are now made with SLX again rather than Neuron. has anybody seen a current frame and compared it to one from the mid '90s? Thinking about the quality of the chrome and paint ext? I'm also told thee is a 6 month wait to get one.

FYI, I am the 3rd owner of this frame, which has had continuous use since the mid-90's (that means more tha 20 years!).

The new frames aren't so shiny, to make the paint this smooth needs sanding between each coat; same for the chrome: lots of buffing to the nickel and copper undercoat, before the final chrome layer.

Not sure about the tubing used right now, with the Neuron I would expect a weight drop of about 150gr or possibly more.
I managed to get my bike complete and being under 9kg and I'm pretty happy with: after all, it's all about having the right fit and build around you, rather than a superlight bike that just feels wrong

9533040340_1d770c0c89_o.jpg

Back