Dave Russell Complete bike Price drop 270 Pounds posted

Re: Dave Russell Handbuilt UK racing bike - PRICE DROP !!

Woodyuk":rpinm47g said:
Splitting could make more money but I have had the bike too long with good memories so will only sell complete...

Well done that man, RESPECT ;)

No dents on frame or rust visable
If you are interested I can take more close up photos tonight of the frame

Frame will be sent via DHL probably in 2 boxes (frame and wheels)
Delivery of frames sent in the past is normally under 1 week

I nevr did buy a whole Russell frame - 2 friends did however. The nearest I got was a respray of my first `lightweight' frame - a Peugeot Routier 501.

Dave made some 531 forks for it after the Peugeot efforts snapped.... I also had him remove some of the niche Peugeot detailing that was just a bad idea - the grub screw seat post fixing, the bolt in boss front mech fixing.

The Peugeot was purchased sometime around '84 / '85, by '88 and the new forks, plus my first paid full time job, it seemed like a good idea to go for an fairly tasteless respray with the tasteful `DJR' transfer set. Onto it went the then brand new Campag Athena groupset.

So.. sunglasses on. Before and after:

Attachments

• 1 Small.jpg
    1 Small.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 3 small.jpg
    3 small.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 474
Re: Dave Russell - Swap for a racing bike to fit a person 1.

Hi
Also looking for a swap for a racing bike to fit a person 1.72 Meter tall

Deax":1x2iaofr said:
I nevr did buy a whole Russell frame - 2 friends did however. The nearest I got was a respray of my first `lightweight' frame - a Peugeot Routier 501.

Dave made some 531 forks for it after the Peugeot efforts snapped.... I also had him remove some of the niche Peugeot detailing that was just a bad idea - the grub screw seat post fixing, the bolt in boss front mech fixing.

The Peugeot was purchased sometime around '84 / '85, by '88 and the new forks, plus my first paid full time job, it seemed like a good idea to go for an fairly tasteless respray with the tasteful `DJR' transfer set. Onto it went the then brand new Campag Athena groupset.

So.. sunglasses on. Before and after:

Neon Pink yes no that color well as when I bought Martin Pyne's Mini bike from him it was the same colour.

Looking for a Dave Russell similar to the one that the great Roger Queen rode at his peak when he was 50 champ in 78. so around a 23 1/2-3/4 size

Back