Mountain Bike - 22" or 23" SORTED

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
All

I need a cheap Mountain Bike - 22" or 23" frame with long head tube section.

The head tube has to be quite long as the bike will have a child seat fitted and the seat clamp bolts to the head tube.

It's for my wife's friend. After seeing our Retro 1988 Specialized Rockhopper with our child seat fitted she's wanting one for herself.

Show me what you got.

Thanks

Trebz

Re: Mountain Bike - 22" or 23" frame with long head tube sec

You sure it needs to be that large?
Konas max out at 21" and that's 6'5" territory.

I'll mail you a picture of our child seat Rockhopper, you'll see what I mean.

I know what you mean but that size is silly (for most bikes). What headtube gap does it need is the sensible measurement.
Mona and Saracen for example can have large head tubes on smaller frames.

Ok.... I just popped down the shed and measured up, which I should have done in the first place.

I order for the child seat fixing bracket to fit correctly the internal tube measurement between the top tube and downtube (inside the frame) needs to be approximately 2.5".

Got a 22" '91 Fusion with a lengthy headtube. Solid bike with Tange Bilateral DB tubing and Suntour XCE. Haven't measured the actual length of the HT but if you're interested I can do so a little later, Just being lazy atm as it's over in the barn and raining outside :oops:

Attachments

• 20130804_185209#1.jpg
    20130804_185209#1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 295

And btw if the child seat goes on the top tube as most do I'm not sure if sloping would work. From experience, short reach (so you're not leaning over the kid too much) and long seatpost (so you're a good bit higher than them) is good. Top tube run cables can be tricky too.

Back