Marin Team Ti

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Awful. I always quietly lusted after Marin Ti but this one will, sadly, pass me by.

Ruined.

Trebz":3mvbkt9e said:
Awful. I always quietly lusted after Marin Ti but this one will, sadly, pass me by.

Ruined.

Likewise. The disc mount looks like steel to me. It would be worth a punt at just grinding the mount off and you may end up with a decent frame but it's only a£75 if you ask me. His starting price would score a decent Ti frame.

secret_squirrel":1dunojkc said:
Ick! Were the brake bosses screw in on the team Ti or do you reckon they got butchered too?

You can't see much in the ebay pic but the brake bosses might well be ok. There are no obvious pegs on the frame in the pic but a 1995 would have had the Marin Lite brake set up so would have had the screw in pegs so long as the screw boss has survived the butcher.

Also, it would be a 17.5 or a 19" as I'm fairly sure they didn't do an 18" so looks like his tape measure is as good as his welder.

It's a shame as this is a really great frame which would make a great build.

There should be laws against people that do this. If this frame were a pet dog this bloke would be banned from future ownership.

secret_squirrel":4ki5ytei said:
Ick! Were the brake bosses screw in on the team Ti or do you reckon they got butchered too?

Apparently he doesn't know what material the mount is or who did it as he bought it like that. I told him the simple test so let's see what he comes back with

Back