SW - Haldon Forest, Exeter retro ride - Sunday 13th October

Re: SW - Haldon Forest, Exeter retro ride - Sunday 13th Octo

Should be OK, bar fitness. Hope the knee holds out...

I'll try & get cover so that I can get away from work an hour earlier on Sunday morning.

Oh, I think this is right up my street.

I'll let the little Mac's know.

Lordy, looks like it'll be a busy one ;)

Feel free to bring friends along, doesn't have to be retro, it's all bikes, and bikes is good!

Went round the red yesterday (on my modern) was a lot wetter than a few weeks ago, turned all the lovely dust into gloop.

Few changes since I last rode the red (quite a while ago - last few times I went blue).

Crap photos for your enjoyment:

I got another pinch flat, my 2nd in a row at Haldon so will bring a bag and a spare tube as these things come in threes..

I was going to ask where your back wheel was, and then I saw the third picture :roll:. I went up there yesterday too. First time since having a painful crash, loss of confidence, and rode the wet rocky stuff like an old woman :oops:.

Regards

PS: I don't remember seeing the trees with pink leaves ;)

Yeah I had another puncture!

Did you crash at Haldon?

Its quite slippery even with my 2.3 tyres on, so when I ride retro there at this meet I will take it slowly. Especially as it seems quite rocky at the moment so will give my wrists a pounding on rigid forks.

I wouldn't worry about pace, as I have done no exercise for nearly a year and have the fitness levels of a 90 year old. Trying to improve that though!

coomber":3ctgzxpn said:
Did you crash at Haldon?
Yeah, on the cattle grid about three quarters round the red. Too used to grippy dry conditions, took the cattle grid/bend banked over on the bike and lost it due to the mud/wet making it much more slippery than normal. Mangled my hand between the cattle grid bars on the landing which was (and still is) pretty painful. The usual MTB 'incidents' don't normally worry me, but this one does seem to have knocked me back a little bit. Still, only one way to get my confidence back, and that's to get back out there :D.

Regards

Back