2007 Scapin Nope...finished,scroll down

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:D
I have decided to treat myself to a new build (and probably sell my Genesis SSer) as I feel the need for some gears.
Here is the base...bought on Ebay and delivered today. I was concerned the frame would be too small as it is, a small frame, but the top tube measurement seemed okay at 22.5". And although the whole set-up is not my cup of tea the reach feels fine.
So...to be built-up with less gold and more stealth. Should I keep the 240s wheels, no previous exposure to them really so unsure if they are good or not. Cranks will go in favour of (probably) XT double. (Much) wider bars, diff stem and seatpost (with set-back) and all should be good.
First stop...complete strip and clean.

2007 Scapin Nope

Re: New build, lets start with an Italian frame

Tasty!
I don't know how the seller managed to get the weight up to 25lbs; the frame must weigh about 1.6kg, and the same for the wheels (keep them btw, they're fit and forget!). I would have thought this would be about 21-22lbs at most.

suburbanreuben":2v2x96ix said:
Tasty!
I don't know how the seller managed to get the weight up to 25lbs; the frame must weigh about 1.6kg, and the same for the wheels (keep them btw, they're fit and forget!). I would have thought this would be about 21-22lbs at most.

Have not measured the weight, will maybe weigh major parts as I go...certainly feels pretty light

I like that I do :LOL:

The seat clamp is a lovely touch.

Oddly the only time a Scapin has caught my attention, prior to this, was a steely with a tiny TT.

Looking forward to seeing it post treatment.

That's very pretty. Like the seatpost binder and the rear triangle :cool:

I like it too, Carl. Is it made entirely of carbon?

Jakob":3ptlqoze said:
I like it too, Carl. Is it made entirely of carbon?

Nah...it is mainly columbus spirit steel with carbon seat tube and carbon steel wrapped head tube

Interesting touches like headube mounted cable stops, chain stay cable adjuster, seat clamp as pictured, race number mount under top tube

Very nice! Love the seat stays, I guess this is nicely compliant?

Should stealth up pretty nicely.

Back