the ''enrgy' drinks industry

I used to drink a lot of energy drinks upto four five cans a day, work 12 hour days think "oh these will wake me up" complete opposite, makes you feel lethargic, moody,

They are so addictive, haven't touched now in over a year, I will just stick to coffee :)

i used to drink 2 or 3 large cans a day at one point, i was same as chap on other page kind of addicted to it, iam only drinking it before i do a bike ride ect now so i have a reason to, want to kick it all, i drink to much fizzy junk, caffine is addictive bet its that an the suger/ sweeteners, ps ive seen small kids drinking the stuff

aspartame nasty stuff, not sure if its in energy drinks but wouldn't be surprised. meet two people so far who had heart attacks related to energy drinks

I only use the Red B**l stuff for monster car journeys, like 600 miles a day! Luckily that happens only a few times a year. I steer well clear of all soft drinks and have done so for about 20 years. I am still the same waist size as I was back then, but some of my mates, oh Lordy.
I didn't think there was such a huge market for "Energy" drinks until it was pointed out to me that a certain brand makes enough money to sponsor a Formula 1 team and plenty more besides. Now that can't be cheap.

Interestingly, I worked on a heart conference and I was expecting them to mention a correlation between caffeine and heart attacks, but apparently in the UK, Cocaine is a more obvious cause! I definitely move in the wrong circles.

I regularly drive 670 odd miles in, more or less, a oner, just stopping for fuel.

Banana sandwiches and a couple of five minute jogs does it for me.

highlandsflyer":3iszwh2x said:
I regularly drive 670 odd miles in, more or less, a oner, just stopping for fuel.

Banana sandwiches and a couple of five minute jogs does it for me.

There's a lot that can be said for exercise to wake you up. Long study session? 20 sit ups and as many press ups as I can do before my arms fall off and I'm more awake than any coffee or energy drink can make me.

Used to drink these with Vodka in my younger days but now I can't touch them, I had one a couple of year ago at the 12hr lawnmower race and spent the next 12 hours feeling like I was going to puke in my helmet! They are truly rancid. I did a long journey on holiday this year and just stopped for 45 minutes and had a doze in the car while the kids had lunch, worked a treat. Had a coffee when I woke up and carried on.

Carl.

Chopper1192":242wuiuv said:
A lot of these drinks are banned in many countries and one large manufacturer has promised.an altered.recipe to be splendidly it in countries such as America.cos the FDA weren't at all happy with it. The first ones were derived from recipes concocted by the US during the Vietnam way during experiments to keep soldiers awake and alert, but it was ultimately deemed to nasty to give.to the troops. It's nasty stuff and tastes like a hippies armpit.

I believe that most of that falls into the "urban legend" category, but I'm completely with you on the last sentence :)

Had my first ever one, a can of Pussy, at Mayhem on the Saturday morning. No discernible effects. Tasted barely drinkable. Can't say I'll be trying another. Is monster/red bull similar then?

Any worse/better than full fat coke?

Latest posts

Back