Squashed Tubing ?

When I bought my Dave Yates frame in Chromor OR, my mate got his in Max Or. It is light but it's very, very stiff!

Serotta are better known for their road bikes, but their mtbs are also top quality.
If this bike has spent a few years waiting outside in the rain, check the seat tube isn't rusted through at the bottom.
Is it a genuine Serotta? the serial number should help. You should be able to find out what format Serotta use and hopefully match it to that on the bike.
Good luck; it could be a good find!

GuyWood":1lflyy4l said:
When I bought my Dave Yates frame in Chromor OR, my mate got his in Max Or. It is light but it's very, very stiff!

It's not that stiff, or at least the way Kona used it in '97 it doesn't fee stiff, nowt like my '92 Alu-0 did. My Kona works nice with it and in the 20" size the tubing design helps a lot, even if I don't weigh that much really.

Back to Serotta
Catalogues should be in the Gallery&Archive.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... e/Serotta/

their website is
http://serotta.com/

Thanks very much for the input on this , good advice about the rusting , I did a quick check over the frame, and from what I could to see there were no sort of holes or dents , although I didn't see anything too serious, I did notice there was some rust issues around the bottom bracket area, hope that does not turn out too be bad.

I only noticed the bike as I saw the back part sticking out and the brakes looked different to anything I'd seen , so I took a closer look and started to see what other bits it had on as I've been looking for some parts for my moo moo ➡️ viewtopic.php?f=6&t=267359&hilit=univega

So I'm thinking if the bike is rusted through it will be good for parts if nothing else, I'm quite excited at the prospect of it being a good quality steel frame and even better if it is a serotta , as I've been looking at some of the ones on here and .. wow seriously cool :cool:

Little concerned with the possible ride characteristics of the bike though, ..although on the plus side someone on here or ebay may benefit if I don't like it.

Either way I think I'm going to go for it , although I'm really broke for a few weeks, fortunately the mrs is ahem.. loaning me the money (I can see this is going to cost me big time ) , I really can't turn it down from the comments given here , and I suppose the price he's discussed is a bargain going on the prices I've seen, although I might have to knock him down a little though ;)

Here's hoping its something nice , and that maybe I can rescue it from a life of misery of sitting in a bike rack day after day getting rained on.

Report back later.

Real sad news about this brand along with so many others I've recently been reading about , dare I mention 'Klein' for one :(

So.. an update on this then

I'm pleased to say that I managed to pick up the bike at teatime tonight , and I think it would be fair to say I'm excited :)

For now then... as I saw her , albeit without the piles of clutter around her.

Back