Kona Operator - It's here! Fresh pics..

It's lovely even more so in the flesh. But the only problem is now I have to buy a big boys bike too as my Flash won't be able to follow.

300lb spring for the shock and soft spring for the forks fitted. That's better :D

IMAG0510_zps244bec24.jpg

Looking forward to the report from Bike Park Wales. I see the uplift is currently booked solid until some time in November - did you manage to book, or are you pedalling up?

Regards

Exeter Man":2i154fuc said:
Looking forward to the report from Bike Park Wales. I see the uplift is currently booked solid until some time in November - did you manage to book, or are you pedalling up?

Regards

I haven't been yet (the joys of other things getting in the way!) :oops:

Yep, the uplift is booked up, but I've got a feeling that a lot of the bookings were made prior to the park opening and people might have 'panic booked' when they saw the spaces filling up quickly. You can turn up on the day without booking, and pay £4 per uplift (plus £5 for a day pass) if there are spaces available, which might actually work out cheaper if you only did 4-5 uplifts during the day.

The push up to the top apparently consists of either a 5km trudge up the fire-road (not fun with 40lb of DH bike), or pushing up the actual track (not ideal).

Exeter Man":3o250oap said:
are you pedalling up?

BBB must be a fit lad if he can do that on this bike!

How does it ride on the flat like in your pic? Bit bouncy? Must be world away from the on one... cant imagine its practical for a quick pootle!

coomber":1nk9mr1j said:
How does it ride on the flat like in your pic? Bit bouncy? Must be world away from the on one... cant imagine its practical for a quick pootle!

It actually pedals surprisingly well, considering it hasn't got any fancy virtual pivot arrangements or a fancy shock. Kona has tweaked the pivot position slightly so it's not as springy as previous incarnations.

That said though, it's still a b**ger to ride on anything which doesn't favour gravity! The tyres don't help - they're the Black Chilli compound and it almost feels like you're riding on wet tar when you take the bike on the road!

Back