Bristol Bike Path...a rant

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Would all the Lance Armstrongs on the commute to work please just p1ss off back to your cars? My girlfriend got T-boned yesterday as she tried to turn off at Kingswood by a guy who saw our slowing as a sign to accelerate past us.
Sorry about moaning guys but this is a shared PATH, not a motorway for racers. Every morning now we don't just get fast bikes we get fast peletons nose-to-nose at 25+ mph banging through dog walkers, schoolkids and blackberry pickers like their souls depend on a better strava time.
Cheers for listening, rant over.

I got flamed pretty heavily for whining about this on a couple of other forums.

When in London I use the Regent's canal to head over to meet the mates at the pub. Usually against the exiting commuter traffic. What a bunch of inconsiderate knobs!

Agency_Scum":rztvtgkf said:
Would all the Lance Armstrongs on the commute to work please just p1ss off back to your cars?

Not back to the their cars but just back on the roads, where car drivers will whinge at them for going too slow :LOL:

It's time there was an enforced 20mph limit on the path. 20mph is more than fast enough for a commute.

15mph would be better I think, but hard to enforce. I think as it stands at the moment if you are going to ride quick then you are advised to use the roads not cycle paths.

I'm not a fan of enforcement. Sorry about the automatic car-owning inference James; I just got the impression these were the same over-powered, GTI-driving, acceleration obsessed bell ends who tail gate and swear at everyone in traffic queues. Just letting off steam 'cos me beloved got bloodied by some over-taking obsessed tw@t.
She was so impressed I didn't chin him! :LOL:

Agency_Scum":1zhszdx4 said:
I'm not a fan of enforcement. Sorry about the automatic car-owning inference James; I just got the impression these were the same over-powered, GTI-driving, acceleration obsessed bell ends who tail gate and swear at everyone in traffic queues. Just letting off steam 'cos me beloved got bloodied by some over-taking obsessed tw@t.
She was so impressed I didn't chin him! :LOL:
Did he stop? I'd have payed good money to see the look on his face when you said "Oi!"

Back