'90s Marin Frame Sizing

MonkeyPuzzle

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi folks, first-time poster here.

Looking at purchasing a mid-nineties Marin to use a runaround and potentially for light trail riding. I saw a post somewhere (can't find it now) that Marin used to measure their frame sizes c-to-c, whereas convention is for c-to-t. Is this the case, and if so would the c-to-c height be marked on the frame. I've kept an eye out on here for anything suitable, but I'll most likely be going through a well-known auctioning website, so wanted to be armed with the info.

Cheers!

Not sure if I explained that very well. If I see one advertised as a 17" frame, would that be c-to-c or c-to-top of seat tube?

MonkeyPuzzle":2wjvgqfl said:
Not sure if I explained that very well. If I see one advertised as a 17" frame, would that be c-to-c or c-to-top of seat tube?

For that info you are best to ask the seller..

Marin measure their bikes C to C but sellers sometimes don't.

They never made a 17" frame c to c so i would guess the one to which you're refering is in fact 15.5" c to c or 17" centre to top.

Rich

From pics, the frame looks in relatively good nick, but I don't think the mechs, the brakes, or chainset are original. Not really an issue, as I was looking at doing a 1x9 conversion on it (sacrilege?). My first foray into tinkering, so thought buying just a frame was a bit of an ask and this way I can chip away at it until I get where I want, still keeping a working bike along the way. No doubt I'll be on here for parts and advice along the way.

Back