Giant TCR0 - parts bin build...

Yep, took a month or thereabouts but Giant UK were very helpful.

Still hasn't given me much confidence to ride like I do with my others though - i'm constantly looking for potholes and braking lightly on both brakes - like bringing a boat to a stop - takes a lot of distance!!

Tell you something, those frames of yours are all in smashing condition, that's a bit bloody frustrating they're all boxed up! Interesting how your green one has different welding to mine and yet they both must be from the same era - what year do you reckon yours is?

I've got a set of those forks from the 2nd picture, and in all honesty I'll end up with those on the bike I think, just a bit unwilling as I want to keep the original character & component list as honest as I can.

I'll keep an eye-out on ebay for some burrows wheels in case yours pop up on there.

As far as I'm aware my green one is 96, they only made them with DT shifters for a short time. I had another 96 TCR with the same welding but no DT bosses. There is a member who doesn't seem to use the forum anymore who I bought the red one off. He also had a very interesting one he offered me for 250 euro, sadly I didn't have the cash at the time. It was a never ridden team issue ONCE frame with a left hand DT shifter boss but just a cable stop for the right hand!

Yeah the house move is getting annoying (on many levels) but the bike issue was the agent suggesting not having a load of old bikes cluttering up the place when showing viewers round, the only option was boxes stashed around the place out of site.

As for the lost Burrows wheels, I've seen a few sets pop up on ebay over the summer, albeit with different rims (mine had rigida dp18's) but it did make me think about how I'd go about getting them back if they did turn up. I suspect it would result in cutting loses.

Everything i've managed to find on the www points to 96/97 - after that they seem to be proper paint rather than the anodised finish. Not a huge amount of info on the early ones on the www - just lots of images of the Team Once ones - I've got a Team Jacket actually - with elasticated hood and cuffs with a strap that goes between thumb and index finger - bit random or what!

Bit weird to have one DT & one cable boss - what's that all about?

Check the local cash converters and shops of similar ilk - they seem to be favoured as a means of getting rid of stuff for those who think it's ok to take other peoples possessions!

Oh and don't pay the agent too much cash - what your paying for there is for someone to tell you to put your bikes away - that's what wives or girlfriends are there for! ;)

hi all
does anyone have a link to the geometry chart for this bike or a catalogue scan, there was a link to the 1998 catalogue in the scans thread but it doesn't appear to be working now. just got a frame and was curious about seat and head tube angles etc. I have found an Australian website that has links to later models but wanted too get an accurate chart if poss? mine is a size 44cm, just hoping that the 52cm top tube is just that and not any longer. looks like the early models only came in small med large but any help appreciated
thanks

Back