Suspension Forks needed for Merlin Titanium

dusty_nz

Retro Newbie
Completed a 40km mtb race yesterday on the bike below. No problems with the bike but body was knackered and beaten black and blue from the lack of front forks. By 30km I was struggling to avoid or lift of obstacles. Legs were okay but wrists, Aams and shoulders.

Bike weighs in at 9.5kg at this stage. I call it my French Mistress. Nice to look at but leaves me in a wreck after riding her.

As for forks. Was thinking maybe a set of AMP forks with disks? Have got my hands on a set of Pace RC36 however kinda heavy.

Thoughts?

Also thinking of changing the brakes as the old hopes require too much forearm effort which does not help with my biological suspension.

Attachments

• 20130908_103647_HDR[1].jpg
    20130908_103647_HDR[1].jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 888
Living in Perth, Australia.

Just picked up a pair of Pace RC36 forks. 1 inch steerer and disc mounts.

FREE.

hello!
for a period I used my merlin 93 with a Roch Shox SID, downhill was fantastic, but very steep climbs tended to get up

21112009419.jpg

great bikes
you rode 40km with only one gear, thumbs up to you feller pace forks are great even better when u get them free,,,,

sparkiegaz":1wpbmvwu said:
great bikes
you rode 40km with only one gear, thumbs up to you feller pace forks are great even better when u get them free,,,,

The one gear was fine. The lack of front suspension took its toll.

Exhausted that nite.

Rock Shox Rebas. Only half a pound heavier than SIDs, but a bit tougher. Adjustable lockout threshold allows you to honk up hills with no bobbing yet still staying supple on the rocks and roots

Alternatively - swap those exotics for a pair of RC31 type C's. You might find they have enough "give". Disclaimer not ridden the exotics but have the Type C's on my Vit T and the ride they give compliments the Ti frame.

nice bike and good legs ;)

I have two merlin,
a Mountain with a SID team(100mm) and a XLM with a 80mm Manitou SKAREB,and I am very happy with both. :D

Latest posts

Back