Random Photo Thread

It comes in over 4LBS below the 21LBS mark at 7.6 kilos or 16.75LBS in old money ;)

Well I'm not as young as I used to be and need all the help I can get :LOL: :LOL:

Having mental block here........ trying to work out what 12% is in the old currency of "one in something".

My Avatar is me climbing Spout Hill near Hull on a Hill climb race and was told that the average incline was 1:6

Shaun

47p2":2ynzznst said:
It comes in over 4LBS below the 21LBS mark at 7.6 kilos or 16.75LBS in old money ;)

Well I'm not as young as I used to be and need all the help I can get :LOL: :LOL:

jeeez!! how do they make them so light?!! i must confess that i could never give up a my old steel number regardless of the extra poundage...you can't beat the old colour schemes and a nice bit of chrome...!

:D

rusty bodie":2stf1dso said:
47p2":2stf1dso said:
...you can't beat the old colour schemes and a nice bit of chrome...!

I agree, but you also can't beat modern technology.

North Ayrshire, you can't be too far away from the route I did on Wednesday?

47p2":1rc6f7la said:
rusty bodie":1rc6f7la said:
47p2":1rc6f7la said:
...you can't beat the old colour schemes and a nice bit of chrome...!

I agree, but you also can't beat modern technology.

North Ayrshire, you can't be too far away from the route I did on Wednesday?

i would have to differ on that subject - in all walks of life, technology is making our lives more difficult! who on earth really needs a mobile phone with gizmos that track your every move and tell you how high you climb and how many calories you use??! if i come back completely f**ked and a wreck, then i know that i've done a decent run!! in work, it takes us around ten minutes longer to to actually begin our work because of the technology that has to be dealt with prior to me getting paid - it's ridiculous!! :x

the largs luddite has spoken!

:roll:

Could you track each other on a course to meet up? I would have this but my mobile is too heavy to take out on my bike - weight is everything when climbing hills!

I'll get my lightweight coat ....

Richard

I had thought about a wee run out to Largs this morning and then changed my mind and went for some more of the hills around here. I actually fancy a hike up the Haylie Brae, is that a good workout Craig?

The technology part I was referring to was modern gearing and how easy it is having 10 on the back and a compact front compared to the days when I was stomping on 42/53 and 11/19, I think I would be walking up hills with these gears nowadays.

You're not too far away either Richard, so it could be possible for a mass gathering some day

47p2":1ek9uwqh said:
I had thought about a wee run out to Largs this morning and then changed my mind and went for some more of the hills around here. I actually fancy a hike up the Haylie Brae, is that a good workout Craig?

The technology part I was referring to was modern gearing and how easy it is having 10 on the back and a compact front compared to the days when I was stomping on 42/53 and 11/19, I think I would be walking up hills with these gears nowadays.

You're not too far away either Richard, so it could be possible for a mass gathering some day

ha haa!! yes, you and me both - those gear ratios when we were kids were lunacy!

i have yet to do the "heelie" brae since my return to the bike but i'm going to have a go at it soon, i can feel it in my bones! :shock: i was reading my old ron kitching cycling diaries that i used to keep updated when i was young and fanatical - there was an entry about riding "around largs and up the heelie brae..." no mention whatsoever about what a beast it is or anything!! in fact, i'm sure that we used to hoof that in the big ring!

yes, i'd be up for a blast on the bikes - i work shifts but am off most weekends, thankfully. anyone else in the vicinity up for a retro ride?

craig

Back