Can anyone identify these Campy hubs pls?

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi to all

Have just stripped down some wheels for the parts, and have these rather nice looking Campy hubs as a result. They had a 9 speed (non exadrive) cassette on them, but these appear to be too late to be covered by Velobase which seems to give up in the mid to late 90's.

As you can see from the pics, they have an alloy freehub, their original quick release skewers , and have cassette bearings - anyone recognise what model they are? I'm going to list them for sale, and would like to be accurate.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_00000475-1.jpg
    IMG_00000475-1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_00000472-1.jpg
    IMG_00000472-1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 323
These are a set of 9-speed Chorus hubs from 98. 9-speed came out in 97 and the first gen Chorus 9-speed hubs featured the same Chorus hubs from the 88-97 8-speed period but with the addition 9-speed freehub. The design changed a year later to match the Record 'look' with a less 'sculptured' look to the front hub. And this is what you have. The design changed again in 99 to the fatter, straighter looking hubs. Nice hubs btw.

Marvellous, thanks AgentOrange - much appreciated. They'll be going on sale shortly if you're interested!

Okey dokey - when I get five mins, I'll do some research and work out what they're worth! Feel free to PM with an offer if you feel like it tho :)

Back