Gear Acquisition Syndrome: Do You Really Need All That?

was thinking today ive been born in wrong times, iam only 26 an dont like all the ipods iphones, contract this an lones for that, ooohhh look at my phone that costs more than your car ect, i feel its rubbed off on me a tad as i do like some nice things but iam fighting it off lol, being poor helps me lol, no flat screen tvs ect in my house just free or cheap secondhand stuff.

:facepalm: Too busy updating to the latest white heat technology to worry about all that. XP. It's the future!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 360
I still use XP on a couple of machines, never bettered in my view.

Chopper, having two 4x4s is really a necessity, not extravagance. You can't afford down time in extreme conditions. Some of the 4x4 boys do have a penchants for overloading with gear though. They are actually some of the worst. Couple of hand winches and a hi lift jack have got me out of just about everything. Then there are the 4x4 adventure survivalist crew. These nuts dream about a nuclear war so they can live off all that canned food and wear their chemical suits as they drive around the wasteland.

I love tinkering with 'stuff', my 'stuff' doesn't need tinkering with when its been tinkered to tinkering perfection so that leaves a need for more non tinkering perfect 'stuff' to tinker with :D

More 'stuff' = more pleasure :cool:

Although, i am acquiring a higher standard of 'stuff' as the years go by, which alas needs less tinkering, meaning i get into more hobbies with access to more 'stuff' to tinker with :LOL:

For instance, i am currently looking into spending £600 on a set of coilovers for a car that is never going to see a race track (probably) just so it will look right :roll: :cool: :D :evil: :x ;) ;)

legrandefromage":xhw3cy8m said:
flat screen TVs are great, they can be bought for peanuts and take up far less room than TV's of old.

Ironically, the vast majority of people stick them in a corner using the same space the old TV did!

They do use less power, run cooler generally, and take incoming from PCs better.

:)

That it, I can't afford down time in the snow. Mine are standard, apart from cycle carriers, although the old one is soon to sprout a snorkel, simply because I think they're cool!

140' garden six sheds and no worries thank you very much! If you didn't have to pay for it like the "shoppers" did then whats to stop you from having a few too many projects on the go at once. Yes there's stuff that you really don't need (NOW) but it may come in handy sometime later......
As for surviving a nuclear winter I don't think I could be bothered.... But camping in the snow is cool if you gotta solid canvas tent, raised sprung bed and woodburning stove....

Back