New here, need help...

How lame is it if I don't go with Barry Hoban stickers and instead replace them with something else. I don't really fancy spending £23 on stickers really. Any other suggestions? as long as they are white letters I'm fine with it.

That's dirt cheap! Paid £35 for mine and that was cheapest I could find from USA

Google velocals Have a look. Mine were lovely and worth every penny. Crap photo but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 250
There are cheaper options - i think if you have good quality pics of the decals, a good sign printer can make them up for you - i have not used this option myself.

If you email campyoldy (Geoff Softley) and ask him can he provide just the stickers you need it may work out cheaper. Dizzybird may do the same.

The going rate for a full set of decals is around £30 and you would get some spares with that.

Richard

That does look nice history man.

Richard - I got an email from dizzy bird and here's what he had for £20+pnp

$%28KGrHqZ,!q!FIQyPpP,zBSKs-4fH0Q~~60_4.JPG

The sizes are: down tube 220 x 30 (bounding oval) with text at 206 x 17 mm, seat tube 234 x 30 mm (bounding oval) 219 x 21 mm text.

I might ask if he can just do the down tubes.

I got decals for my Rapide from DB and they were great.

I also got a set of Gazelle deacls from cyclomondo (NOT campyoldy as i said above!) which were also excellent but they were more expensive as i got a head badge and a full set of frame decals with spares.

Both seemed, to me, to be of similar quality.

Richard

mine was for a full set inc nice little extras like the 'made in italy' oval and chainstay/top tube names that I didn't use.

Hmmmm

Seat post should have a clamp at the top - undo the bolt (usually an allen bolt) at the back of the post. Remove the bolt and the clamp should come apart into two pieces. Put the top piece over the rails below the saddle and place the bottom piece against it - there should be 2 sets of grooves. Once you have them together and roughly where you want it, place all the whole lot on the post and insert and tighten the bolt.

I hope that makes some sense,

Richard

p.s there are some adjusters etc but don't worry about them until you get the saddle and seat post attached roughly

Back