The stupid questions thread.

Hi, I have another bunch of novice questions. I don't know what we did before the internet - information was seriously difficult to find out back then.

1. What does BCD refer to when people discuss chainrings, and how do you know which BCD your chainset uses?

2. It is still possible to buy reasonably priced anodized chainrings, new?

ultrazenith":16w3bd42 said:
Hi, I have another bunch of novice questions. I don't know what we did before the internet - information was seriously difficult to find out back then.

1. What does BCD refer to when people discuss chainrings, and how do you know which BCD your chainset uses?

2. It is still possible to buy reasonably priced anodized chainrings, new?

Alleged answers.
1. Diameter the bolt holes are from the center .Sub Answer II -Use a ruler (with the exception of the house of Wied which is extinct).

2. You need to keep watching this thread- viewforum.php?f=16
Plus places like CRC ,wiggle,ribble,merlin etc etc not forgetting ebay of course.

CRC recently had a sell off of nice ano middleburn rings in lovely anodized colours, i got 2, One outer 46t purple 94mm BCD(compact drive) + one middle 36t purple 94mm BCD for the princely sum of just under £14 new. Now i dont have a CD set of cranks but thats not worthy of consideration :LOL:

Glad I found this thread. My stupid question is: what does BSO mean? I know it's used to describe a low quality bicycle, but what does it actually stand for?

Regards

Marge

What was so special about a Yeti FRO from the late 80's? I remember drooling over them BITD but never pulled the trigger on one because they seemed to have a geometry from 1982 (or more accurately I didn't have the money).

Despite the question it is still the closest I have to a 'unicorn', but I never see them up here. I can't help but think I'd be sorely disappointed if I ever got hold of one, but it'd probably make a cool cruiser (much to the horror of most people on here :D )

1. Which year saw discs replace cantis / v-brakes?

2. Which year saw front suspension come as standard on MTBs?

I ask because I have probably just wrecked my retro frame and I'm doing a bit of brainstorming about how to replace it. Ideally I'd want a rigid frame and forks, which would allow me to re-use the good bits of my current build.

Be gentle with me on this :p

Tange as in the frame spec.

Is it pronounced

Like Fang ???

Like Tangy ???

or

Like orange ???

:oops: :oops:

Back