Sunday 8th September - Ochils Hills tour and exploration

Might not be attending this one anymore. Went out on the road bike yesterday and felt like crap most of the way. Been struggling with a bug which I'd thought was out of my system but seems to be lingering. Still managed a respectable 20 mile ride up towards Carron valley, round Myot Hill, Drumbowie reservoir through Denny and back home. Some nice quiet roads up that way. couple of pics attached, appologies for the quality they were taken on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20130905_133845_154resized.jpg
    IMG_20130905_133845_154resized.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_20130905_133923_070resized.jpg
    IMG_20130905_133923_070resized.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 625
zigzag":30mxzgm7 said:
Good effort Col, especially if you were feeling shite.

Cheers, the climb from Denny started off ok then i got slower and slower and felt like taking a wee kip at the side of the road at the top :LOL: , Still enjoyed it though. I've been meaning to go riding up on the Ochils for a while, done plenty of walking up there but never been up with the bike. Another time for sure and i'll try to get out with you guys a bit more regularly once i'm feeling normal again.

so looks like me, my mate gary, ZZ and Rob for this. Kaiser is a mibbee.

we leaving mine about 9.15am (asuming Rob arrives on time) and should be in dollar about 9.45.

good 4hr ride and weather looks perfect. some monster climbs on this one.

How monster are these climbs! I'm still good to go, I'm even staying sober tonight at a mates 40th.

MBUK describe the main climb up from Dollar as "brutal" and having walked some of the hills they do climb rapidly like. gaining 700m in height.

looking forward to this one.

I was bringing the fat bike but its still a tad overgeared, the Salsa has a wobbly rear disc, if I can find a 180mm rotor I'll maybe bring that instead.

Back