Proud moment

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My 8 year old son has been told, just after he's started year 4, that if there is room he and his friend, both doing exceptionally well, will be moved from year 4 to 5, if not they'll be treated thus, I've only known this once in the 13 years I've been taking my children to primary, and she's in her 3rd year of med school :D

Go Isy.

Alison

M-Power":32iz5rqo said:
That's fantastic. Give yourself a pat on the back for parental input :D

Na, it's all my son, he really works hard and deserves all he gets.

The one caution I could add is watch out for putting them under pressure. Being in a generally older year can become an issue when kids get older, puberty and everything, there is a double edged sword to being 'advanced'.

highlandsflyer":3alld569 said:
The one caution I could add is watch out for putting them under pressure. Being in a generally older year can become an issue when kids get older, puberty and everything, there is a double edged sword to being 'advanced'.

My mission is to keep all of them working hard but not to over do it, he's just an 8 year old and he'll always be his age, he came home and said " Mum your going to be really proud of me" I'm proud of them all for all their efforts, even my youngest daughter who struggles, I'll let Isy do whatever he feels suits him regardless of his abilities, some push, maybe I should but I think children find their own way, even if I want him to be another Professor Brian Cox :D

Any advise welcome

Alison

I just remember having a couple of friends who were mercilessly bullied for being entered into the next year up, and they were upset themselves as they felt pressured academically having been singled out as high achievers.

Mind you, one is now MD if several profitable technology concerns and the other is raking it in in the oil industry.

Back