Pair of Spin's (on a Cannondale) £200

I'd best change the thread title :D

Actually, he's also changed the listing for the Spins which didn't even get a mention in the original edit!

People ruining a perfectly good bargain :facepalm:

The original listing sounded very dodgy, basically he wanted it shifted by Monday as he was 'going away', now he's discovered google he's got greedy I reckon. I'd just beware thats all.

There's a lot of jealous peeps on here that hate seeing others get a bargain they cant get so they screw it up for the rest of us. Bit like that racer the other week.

poweredbypies":f0a3qezy said:
There's a lot of jealous peeps on here that hate seeing others get a bargain they cant get so they screw it up for the rest of us. Bit like that racer the other week.

What happened the other week?

poweredbypies":uw57pdid said:

That happened to me here in the US. Guy listed a 91 Klein Attitude on CraigsList for $475 USD. I rang him up and told him I would buy it for his asking price. Lo and behold, his brother in law suddenly had an interest in the bike and seller wouldn't sell for asking price. Advert disappeared from CraigsList and bike suddenly appears on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/181201829106. Auction got bid up to $750. Seller had a reserve higher than that and it didn't sell. Bike reappears on CL with price of $1100, then $1000, then $725. I think he ended up getting ~$700 for it which is ~$50 more than his eBay auction ended after fees.

Same happened to me on another CL posting. A 90 Klein Attitude with seller asking $425. I rang them up and agreed to the asking price. Shortly thereafter the CL posting price went up to $850. I rang them up again and seller said other people told them the bike was worth more than $425. :facepalm:

One must not only respond to bargains quickly, but execute on them even more quickly.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
retrocomeback":2o7xcugt said:
The original listing sounded very dodgy, basically he wanted it shifted by Monday as he was 'going away', now he's discovered google he's got greedy I reckon. I'd just beware thats all.

Oh I see, got you!

I only saw the revised listing.

:)

Back