And today I did......

Naw nae carbon, hummed and hawed about them for a loong time but decided to stay with regular alloy hoops, the way it was working out I could get a dropper (which I can't seem to ride without noo :oops: ) as well for the same price. They are BOR 388 rims with Superstar hubs, I've went with a 9mm hub top try to stiffen the front up. This time I never went for the lightest but err'd on the side of caution, still a racey wheelset but not uberlight. Trying to find some nice light winterish/wet/muddy rubber to go with them.

Ach, a wee bit disappointed aboot the carbon.

Got to say, I do like the 9mm RWS front hub on the Mary. Definitely notice a difference when braking. Let me know what you settle on, tyre-wise. Still can't see past the Nevegals - heavy, but grip to spare and nary a puncture.

Don't make me regret it! Just checked the rims are £251 shipped and the wheels were £200, I could probably have built the carbon ones up for £350 maybe....the BOR's are only about 30g a hoop heavier and are known to be stiff and strong for a light rim.

zigzag":3es7e1qe said:
Got to say, I do like the 9mm RWS front hub on the Mary. Definitely notice a difference when braking.

Thats good to know, since the taco the front feels a wee bit??? vague, so much so I've lost a bit of confidence when riding it. I've put it down to a combination of the still bent rim, spoke tensions all over the place and coming off the Salsa's Flow and 20mm hub. Kinda wished I'd went for a maxle and tapered fork at the start, but I'm hoping the 9mm will tighten things up a bit.

Let me know what you settle on, tyre-wise. Still can't see past the Nevegals - heavy, but grip to spare and nary a puncture

I'd been looking at Geax Gato's on wiggle, not much written about them but they look promising as a gloopy tyre. Just fancy trying soemthing different form the Schwalbe/Continental usual suspects. Bontragers are another.

That's a great deal for the BORs, you'd have been daft to go for the carbon at that price.

Don't mind me, I'm just living vicariously and aw that.

kaiser":vlxdq45j said:
I could get a dropper (which I can't seem to ride without noo :oops: ) as well for the same price. .

know that feeling, loving the dropper. adapts the bike to what ever trouble I'm getting into to :LOL: :LOL: :roll:

What a titanic waste of money- you can have one of these for a 10th of the price- you boys are so behind the curve it's laughable :roll:

result! - finally found a rockshox MAG21 in excellent condition with a long steerer for the RTS thanks to a headsup from a lad on here. Coming from the US as well.

chuffed like!

zigzag":1uy8a9m9 said:
What was wrong with the Indy's that were on it?

Nuthin! He was blaming his p#sh ridden on them ......................................... the MAG's will make no difference :mrgreen:

Back