Late 70's or early 80's Geoffrey Butler

Miguello":3sp4hsbn said:
I understand you're trying to help, but making cracks about Americans is neither a help, nor is it appreciated.

Fortunately, most on this forum avoid making such acerbic remarks as those made by roadking.

Sadly, these comments have come from someone who is renowned, for posting curt & offensive replies.

Miguello":3sp4hsbn said:
Okay, I understand everything you are saying, apparently you feel the need to say it time and time again.

. . . . . . . but he does own (as he frequently tells us :roll: ) a SBDU bike owned from new and the only SBDU brochure known to exist.

roadking":3sp4hsbn said:
On the subject of the SBDU. I had already decided to no longer comment on SBDU frames or bicycles on this forum (mainly due to attitude of the OPs).

Roadking.

You consider the attitude of the OPs to be at fault ? Are there really so many ingrates on this forum ?

I suggest you think about that one.

lastpubrunner":dv5blrd7 said:
Miguello":dv5blrd7 said:
I understand you're trying to help, but making cracks about Americans is neither a help, nor is it appreciated.

Fortunately, most on this forum avoid making such acerbic remarks as those made by roadking.

Sadly, these comments have come from someone who is renowned, for posting curt & offensive replies.

Miguello":dv5blrd7 said:
Okay, I understand everything you are saying, apparently you feel the need to say it time and time again.

. . . . . . . but he does own (as he frequently tells us :roll: ) a SBDU bike owned from new and the only SBDU brochure known to exist.

And the quoted post isn't offensive?

There are many members IMO who post (to use one of your words) offensive comments, your post lastpubrunner is tantamount to bullying.

On the subject of the SBDU. I had already decided to no longer comment on SBDU frames or bicycles on this forum (mainly due to attitude of the OPs). And yes I have had one from new, and for the record I have never said the brochure is the only one in existence - it is however the only one I have ever seen.

And Miguello, I am genuinely sorry you are upset (perhaps you are easily), I was (as a gesture of goodwill) going to show your images to an old timer friend of mine who worked for GB for over two decades, but due to a fear of being misunderstood you''ll have to forgive me (or not as the case may be) for not contributing any further to your thread.

No doubt lastpubrunner will want the last word.

Roadking.

I'm still confused though? I've COMPLETELY understood everything you've been trying to say. You mentioning it in every single post has made it difficult to understand you. You "were" going to show the pictures to someone who worked for GBC for twenty years? Apparently we do not understand each other at all then. I was open to all the info you could provide, and you only tell me the bike is not what I think it is, and make a vague anti American slur. If you could kindly actually help instead of being frustratingly obtuse, I would very much appreciate it? I'm sorry if I offended you. If you can help, please do so.

The only reason I would be upset, and I'm not(though patience has been tested a little) stems from being the victim of your withheld information. I've been a member less than a week, I guess that entitles me to nothing. Everyone else I have happened to to run into here has been helpful and friendly. I am not sure what I've done to get this treatment from you? But.. I guess if you just want to dangle a carrot and tell me I really don't want your help then disappear, that's fine.

And why did you ask me where I was from, anyway? Maybe that means I don't deserve your help? I can't help where I was born, no more than you could.

This post is against my better judgement, and whilst I am not prepared to engage in a debate about who has upset who and why (I am not upset, this forum is not that important). The question: I asked you where you're based? The question about your location was merely a friendly enquiry...I have lived and worked in America and regularly visit relations there.

Reviewing my lack of helpfulness I do not see anything that I would regard as obtuse - I'll quite happily concede if I thought otherwise.

You have said"everyone else has been helpful and friendly", the implication being I have not (and that my posts on your thread have not been): given this critique I chose (and choose) not to continue to contribute to this thread - although the bicycle is very nice and I'd love to know how it ended up in the USA.

I see in your signature you call the Geoffrey Butler a"possible"?

Roadking.

Not to sound stupid but GB are still operating http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/ so why not contact the shop direct as someone there may point you in the right direction unless you have made contact already to the queries you are asking about, nothing to loose :)

You are blowing this totally out of proportion dude. if you choose not to contribute, then don't. You sure seem to enjoy telling me how much you were going to help me, yet I crossed some unknown line. Now you refuse to. I am doing the online equivalent of throwing my hands up at the moment. If you're going to help, then help. If you're not, then don't. My GB could be a repainted Paramount for all I know, with the doubts of validity you've created.

And as far as the Lance thing. EVERYONE in the sport dopes, in case you're too naive to realize it. Every. single. competitive. rider. in. the. sport. is doping. He just happened to get caught, as they want to make an example of anyone who is "too" successful. He's not the only one who has been busted, now is he? He sure whipped the crap out of a lot of other riders though, who were doping as well now didn't he? Actually I couldn't care less about professional cycling. Don't follow it, barely watch it, and don't much care for it. Mentioning it at all was churlish on your part.

I know what I have now though? I have a VERY nice bike. A VERY nice bike indeed. That is the one thing you cannot deny. I will love it and ride it as much as my other bikes. I never asked for your help. you offered yours, and then yanked it away for some unknown affront to your genius. Guess what? I really don't care if you help any further? I know what it is, it's a very nice bike, and you are one of a thousand vintage road bike experts on the internet. I hope you don't mind if I refuse to kiss your bum to get further help.....

Back